Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
So I tried out the Amazon MP3 store today because the album I wanted wasn't available on iTunes Plus and it was actually cheaper on Amazon, so I bought it there. The problem is that when I downloaded the album and added it to iTunes, the song names have all this garbage added (by amazon I'm guessing), such as [Explicit], [Album Version], etc. I had to go in and manually remove all of this junk. Is this normal or was it just the album I bought? I looked at some other albums and it seems they have (Album Version) in the song titles...so I don't know, just doesn't seem like that's part of the song name :) Is there a setting I'm missing in the amazon downloader to turn that extra stuff off?

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Well see the attachment for what I'm talking about...These are the files downloaded straight from Amazon (before importing to iTunes).

Attachments

• amazonmp3_2.jpg
    amazonmp3_2.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 123

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
You should just stop listening to explicit stuff. ;)

Classical all the way! :cool:

I do appreciate classical music, but most of the time it just doesn't get me pumped up enough to get through the day :)

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
Yeah this is the case with nearly everything that I purchase from the Amazon mp3 store. I have pretty much been using them exclusively except for the (very) rare times that something is cheaper on iTunes. Anyway I don't see anything in preferences that would rename your files. I just leave 'em the way I get 'em....

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Yeah this is the case with nearly everything that I purchase from the Amazon mp3 store. I have pretty much been using them exclusively except for the (very) rare times that something is cheaper on iTunes. Anyway I don't see anything in preferences that would rename your files. I just leave 'em the way I get 'em....

That's a shame..I'm really kind of crazy about keeping that kind of stuff out of my music, guess I'll have to do things manually.

You do realize that Amazon offers a free app that downloads the music right into iTunes?

Right, that's what I used. It first downloads the music to a separate folder on your hard drive, then adds them into iTunes. I was showing a screenshot of the Amazon download folder to illustrate how the song titles were infested with crap straight from Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.