Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Hello everyone. I have been using Itunes for a while and I am trying to make my experience a little better/easier. Please help if you can.

1. I put all my music that I acquire into one master folder. In that folder I have about 100 gigs of music. When I acquire it I have to add every folder individually. I was wondering if there was a way I could have Itunes scan a folder in this case my music folder for new folders and add them to itunes. This is only a bother because if I download a folder and for example it is called "corn" I will look in the c's but it will be named like 1corn or 'corn or something stupid. It would just make life a lot easier.

2. My second question is I convert A LOT of videos into mp4 sometimes whole seasons of stuff. It sucks to convert one at a time is there a program out there that I can covert a whole folder like overnight or something? Everything I have found I have to convert one wait for it to finish que another blah blah extremely time consuming.

sorry if my questions were a little winded but thanks in advance for any advice you can provide

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Not sure about the folder organizations. But I recently had to convert avi to mp4 and VLC was being really gay. I posted here on this forum and one poster said to use QTAmateur. Google it, it's a great app. You can encode with a que list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.