PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini and iPhone SDK programming

vrajesh
Sep 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
Hi,

I am absolute new guy for Mac platform. I plan to buy mac computer for application development. As i cannot invest much, i plan to go for Mini which i believe smaller investment.

(is that right that Mini is like a CPU and i can use my samsung monitor , logitech keyboard and mouse with that?)

So, my question is whether mac mini is a good choice for iphone programming? Or if i should prefer mac laptop which one i should go for entry level.

Sorry, if my questions are silly, because, my first question on mac forums regarding programming.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vrajesh

gnasher729
Sep 21, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hi,

I am absolute new guy for Mac platform. I plan to buy mac computer for application development. As i cannot invest much, i plan to go for Mini which i believe smaller investment.

(is that right that Mini is like a CPU and i can use my samsung monitor , logitech keyboard and mouse with that?)

So, my question is whether mac mini is a good choice for iphone programming? Or if i should prefer mac laptop which one i should go for entry level.

Sorry, if my questions are silly, because, my first question on mac forums regarding programming.

MacMini or MacBook would be equally good for iPhone programming. I personally prefer a MacBook because I can use it anywhere in the house, but that is just a personal preference. Note that if you have a monitor up to 1920 x 1080, you can attach it to a MacBook as well, so you can have a big monitor at your desk, and still carry the MacBook around.

robbieduncan
Sep 21, 2008, 07:49 AM
As long as it's an Intel Mac Mini it'll be fine: you can't use an older PowerPC based Mac Mini. Just in case you are looking at picking up a cheap one on eBay...

Yvan256
Sep 21, 2008, 10:19 AM
I use a Mac mini Core 2 Duo/1.83GHz, 2.5GB RAM, Apple aluminium keyboard and Logitech M-BA47 mouse with a ViewSonic VP171s monitor. :D

As long as your mouse and keyboard are USB they should work fine. Your monitor can be DVI-D or VGA (not sure about DVI-I).

Littleodie914
Sep 21, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yea, a Mac Mini will definitely be fine. Anything more than that is overkill, really! :)

vrajesh
Sep 21, 2008, 12:55 PM
cool, thanks for all the replies. yes i plan for 1.83 gh mac mini and all other devices will be USB based.

Regards,

Vrajesh