Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaLa67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Europe
I'm having a really strange effect on my ibook display. There is a small area, about 2x2 inches to the lower left of the display, where I can not click with the mouse AND safari produces a rendering error while scrolling down. The rendering error: In the area mentioned the page does not scroll down like the rest of the display, so the rendered part in this area is offset by about a quarter inch. If I move the window the window to the right I can click the links again.
I have not found a suitable entry in mac forums. Anybody with a similar problem or a solution? Did anybody read of a similar effect and could provide me with a link explaining the behaviour or a possible solution. please help, it drives me nuts ;) I attached 2 small screenshots of the effect if this might help.
big thanks
_Markus

Attachments

• ibook_display_error_1.jpg
    ibook_display_error_1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 144

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Did you modify the dock prefs to make Exposé's Show Desktop feature to minimize all the Windows to a mini-window? I did that and I couldn't click anything where the mini-window was. Just grab a screenshot of the Dock (so you can put it back together again), and delete your Dock preferences (`defaults delete com.apple.dock` works well)

MaLa67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Europe
Yeeeha - Big thanks & different way to solve it

GeeYouEye
I tried it and it works. thanks. http://www.loopnews.co.uk/macoshints.php told me how to edit the com.apple.dock.plist in /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/ and change the Value for key "wvous-floater" back to "false". Restarting the dock and everything was fine again.
This is a good day. merci

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.