Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtopa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Here's my dilemma. After months of pleading with my pc-oriented I&T admin for a Mac, I now have a nice shiny iMac 2.4 ghz. Only problem is that we do have a wireless router but my office is so far from it that the signal I get is super weak. Being a PC-dominated workplace, everyone (including me) has an ethernet port in their office. I asked if I could install a wireless router in my office but they will not let me do that. So, I am wondering (and I know this goes against the whole idea of a wireless world), is there a way for me to plug my iMac directly into the wall port? I do not see any ethernet "phone jack" connections on the back of the iMac. Can t be done with some other connection or am I stuck? Sorry, I know this is probably a newbie question, but I'm a wee bit desperate. :eek:

THANKS!

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Here's my dilemma. After months of pleading with my pc-oriented I&T admin for a Mac, I now have a nice shiny iMac 2.4 ghz. Only problem is that we do have a wireless router but my office is so far from it that the signal I get is super weak. Being a PC-dominated workplace, everyone (including me) has an ethernet port in their office. I asked if I could install a wireless router in my office but they will not let me do that. So, I am wondering (and I know this goes against the whole idea of a wireless world), is there a way for me to plug my iMac directly into the wall port? I do not see any ethernet "phone jack" connections on the back of the iMac. Can t be done with some other connection or am I stuck? Sorry, I know this is probably a newbie question, but I'm a wee bit desperate. :eek:

THANKS!

There is an ethernet jack on the back of the iMac. :) No worries.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
There is an ethernet port on an iMac, the second from the right.
1386732239_36af524146.jpg

TEG

vtopa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
I'm a RETARD

Just took it out of the box and see the ethernet port. Sorry to bother all of you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.