PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft predicts Mac renaissance

MacBytes
Jan 22, 2004, 08:33 AM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Microsoft predicts Mac renaissance (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040122093325)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

1macker1
Jan 22, 2004, 09:44 AM
Good read. I wish apple would develope some type of office program to rival that of MS office. Appleworks just isn't the answer.

Mr.Hey
Jan 22, 2004, 10:42 AM
This is..........The Twilight Zone.:eek:

Mr. Anderson
Jan 22, 2004, 10:49 AM
If they get decent performance form Virtual PC and it works well on the G5, that could get more people interested in the Mac.

D

dukemeiser
Jan 22, 2004, 10:52 AM
I don't think Apple will release anything at this time. They've already promoted MS Office too much to stab it in the back. I think the open source community will be the one that takes on Office. (KDE, Openoffice.org)

I hope this MS rep knows what he's talking about. Apple needs to increase its market share.

qazwsxedc30
Jan 22, 2004, 01:17 PM
this is all good news but what about maybe a MSN Messenger update?

SilvorX
Jan 22, 2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by qazwsxedc30
this is all good news but what about maybe a MSN Messenger update?
it does mention MSN Messenger 4.0 near the bottom of the article, but I wouldn't expect it until slightly after office 2004 is released.

wdlove
Jan 22, 2004, 03:35 PM
This is awesome news to hear from Microsoft. Part of their reasoning is probably that if Apple grows, so will their own Mac product sales.

1macker1
Jan 22, 2004, 03:44 PM
Good thing MS has that monopoly lawsuit aganist them, or they might not be so apple friendly.

Photorun
Jan 22, 2004, 05:11 PM
Up is down, down is up, cats and dogs living together in harmony, Republicans get souls and a conscience, water feels like sand, clocks run backwards.

What the...?

michaelrjohnson
Jan 23, 2004, 11:34 PM
well, its a positive gesture. as much as we all "despise" microsoft. we know that office has become a (virtual) standard. okay, they win. as much as I find appleworks useful, when i do anything intensive in any of it's "regions" i use a different app. apple is wise to concentrate their efforts towards perfecting some of their other software. i think they realize that (of course they do!) and therefore spend their efforts promoting MSFT products to entice more people to the platform, not to appleworks.