Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I haven't had major work in a while. Houston ins't the design bastion of the world, to say the least. This is my first website (yeah, I'm a little late learning HTML etc.).

-----------.com (took it down for a while)

Let me know how you'd think a client would react. Thank you...

Oh, the site is slow 'cos it's a free hosting site. I'm not going to pay for one until I learn more about web-design.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
the "old school portfolio" (which as a phrase makes no sense. old work from school? "old school" work?) is segregated and a throwaway link, but represents by far your best work. tho i do not understand what it is - a magazine you designed? is it your work inside the pages? etc... that should be front and center.

a lot of the other work seems very similar and you need work on your handling of typography.

you knowledge or lack of HTML, etc., is no excuse for a site that loads that slowly. it has your name on it, anyone googling for you will have that site come up, therefore it needs to load fast.

Krebstar

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
"School Portfolio" on the menu is in an awful position on the homepage due to it's being on top of the picture. One of the first things that caught my eye.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Thanks guys...you are right about the hosting. It's slooow...I'm looking to put it on 1and1.

I'll probably take the school portfolio off, just because it's old and it's just photographs of randomly inspired work.

The rest of it is pretty much the same kind of upscale commercial ****, other than the band stuff...and the art exhibit stuff.

School stuff is LAME...not 'cos it's not good, but it's just old and stale.

I appreciate your opinions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.