Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casper.wong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Finally, I had extracted all my latest contacts from MM Cloud, to iPhone and to Outlook with the help of Funambol.

Terminated by MM account and say goodbye to a very frustrating 3 weeks of getting MM "experts" to do it for me which I had taken less than 15 minutes to do so with Funambol. Thanks to a posting in this forum that mentioned Funambol as an alternative.

My conclusion is that MM is still in Beta and this should be stated clearly when users sign up for the service. Too buggy, poor tech support and not worth the money. You get frustration from inconsistent data errors and time spent going through useless procedures to troubleshoot and worries of never getting back your data from the Cloud.

Good luck to the rest ! :)

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
Push is very inconsistent, its the only reason I have it. I still don't get push email on my MAC. I get kinda push email on my iphone. I got rid of a BlackBerry for this iphone 3G. Apple is along way from catching up with RIM, thats for sure.

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
~in my best Jagger voice~
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd
On my cloud, baby

I've had no problems myself, so I'm a happy camper. ;) Enjoy whatever you find to replace it.

gwerhart0800

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Loveland, CO
No calendar sync to either of my macs

While I am glad that some of you are getting the service you desire from MobileMe, for me, it is still MobileMess. After trying ALL of the troubleshooting procedures Apple lists, I still cannot get MobileMe to sync my Calendar to my MacBook Pro or my Mac Mini. I get the dreaded inconsistent data message.

It amazes me that I can create a new user account on my Mac with no previous iCal entries (absolutely blank) and it will not sync to MobileMe. The sync code is way to fragile.

Thankfully Apple offered the free trial, so I am not out any money. I will wait (in hope) that this gets resolved before my trial period ends.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
While I am glad that some of you are getting the service you desire from MobileMe, for me, it is still MobileMess. After trying ALL of the troubleshooting procedures Apple lists, I still cannot get MobileMe to sync my Calendar to my MacBook Pro or my Mac Mini. I get the dreaded inconsistent data message.

It amazes me that I can create a new user account on my Mac with no previous iCal entries (absolutely blank) and it will not sync to MobileMe. The sync code is way to fragile.

Thankfully Apple offered the free trial, so I am not out any money. I will wait (in hope) that this gets resolved before my trial period ends.

I'm certainly not downplaying the fact that MobileMe has its problems. Luckily for me it does fine. I also believe Apple should give everyone who bought it more free time until they fix most of the problems. I bought it because it was dirt cheap (I got it dirt cheap) and liked the service it was providing on my free trial. I'm sure I will have problems in the future. I heard somewhere on this site that Apple is training people right now so MobileMe people can call them with their questions/concerns. They certainly need that. Hopefully Apple will make things right with the numerous people that have been having problems. It willl hurt them in the long run (most likely) if they don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.