PDA

View Full Version : Apple 'Segway' on the 24th

stoid
Jan 22, 2004, 01:29 PM
Does anyone remember all the secrecy that surrounded the release of the Segway like it was a hover car or something?

I'm wondering if Apple will be doing the same thing on their 20th Anniversary. Everyone wants Apple to do something great on Saturday and since we have heard nothing that means that whatever project it is, if anything, is going to be so revoultionary and knock-your-socks-off that Steve has been hiding it under lock and key in a basement in Cupertino being worked on by emplyees who signed special contracts and haven't seen the light of day in over a year!

If Apple does something to celebrate, Steve knows damn well that it has to make Dick Clark's New Year's in Times Square look like a kegger, just without the keg. If something does happen, it's going to be big!

Mr. Anderson
Jan 22, 2004, 01:31 PM
I think you're just getting overly excited about the possibilities. Apple would have called a press conference for the 24th if they had something ground breaking.

I wouldn't hold my breath till the 24th....

D

crenz
Jan 22, 2004, 01:47 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure whether something is gonna happen on the 24th. It's a Saturday, so it would be very hard to capture the media's attention.

mischief
Jan 22, 2004, 06:30 PM
We'll either see nothing really spectacular or Apple will release something radically new....

Like a Mac device that can communicate via wireless 256Bit secure VPN to any other Mac on the planet. Nah...:rolleyes:

More like an iMac G5 or a set-top box a la M$'s failed Mira program. Hey, maybe Apple will license PS2 games! :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;)

eclipse525
Jan 22, 2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah....don't hold your breathe. Most likely Zilch, Zippo, Nada.

BUT I'd love to see a Jet-Black iPod.

~e

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 22, 2004, 06:59 PM
probably some pod commercials(yawn)

jrv3034
Jan 22, 2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
probably some pod commercials(yawn)

Thar would be seriously disappointing. I really hope they don't just re-run the 1984 commercial with the cheesy iPod tack-on.

Here's hoping.:confused:

kristoff
Jan 22, 2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by eclipse525
BUT I'd love to see a Jet-Black iPod.

~e
It would likely be 20% bigger! ;)

eclipse525
Jan 22, 2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by kristoff

<LOL!>......it took me a second but then it kicked in........LOL!

~e

jrv3034
Jan 22, 2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kristoff

Oh, SNAP!

Reminds me of this joke:

Q: What's 12 inches long, and white?

A: Nothing.

:eek: :D

wdlove
Jan 22, 2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I think you're just getting overly excited about the possibilities. Apple would have called a press conference for the 24th if they had something ground breaking.

I wouldn't hold my breath till the 24th....

D

At this point I'm not going to hold my breath either. It seems that lately Apple has become unpredictable with announcements. I think that it has a lot to do with Steve monitors forums such as ours. He prefers to keep us guessing. Well Steve I'm game.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 22, 2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I think that it has a lot to do with Steve monitors forums such as ours.

Ha, if he made his decisions based on how best to mess with rumor sites for when to deliver products he have some serious issues.

Apple gave a nod to the rumor sites when they hyped the hype back in 2002 (?) with the intro for the new LCD iMac at MWSF 2002. They haven't done it since.

Strategic planning for the release of new hardware is probably based on something far removed from the rumor sites.

D