Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
There are several ways you can do it.

You need one of the following: ipod nano, ipod touch 2G, or the Nike + Sports band.

1. If you choose to use a Nano you also need a Nike+ sports kit. It has a sensor that fits in the Nike + shoes, or if you have different shoes you can wear it on your laces in a "shoe wallet" The other part of the kit fits in the end of your Nano.

2. If you choose the Sports Band, you do not need an ipod at all. The band is like a watch that gives you the read outs & later hooks to your computer to record progress at the Nike+ site. (I believe about $50) This option doesn't allow for music.

3. The new Ipod touch 2G has the built in receiver. THen you just need the shoe sensor. (Again in the shoe or mounted on show with shoe wallet or holder) I have not seen these for purchase alone, but you can buy a nano kit & use the sensor from it. (About $30) Sell the receiver on ebay, someone is bound to have lost theirs.
All options let you download your info to Nike + siste for private personal tracking.

Hope this helps.

JL7

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2008
There are several ways you can do it.

You need one of the following: ipod nano, ipod touch 2G, or the Nike + Sports band.

1. If you choose to use a Nano you also need a Nike+ sports kit. It has a sensor that fits in the Nike + shoes, or if you have different shoes you can wear it on your laces in a "shoe wallet" The other part of the kit fits in the end of your Nano.

2. If you choose the Sports Band, you do not need an ipod at all. The band is like a watch that gives you the read outs & later hooks to your computer to record progress at the Nike+ site. (I believe about $50) This option doesn't allow for music.

3. The new Ipod touch 2G has the built in receiver. THen you just need the shoe sensor. (Again in the shoe or mounted on show with shoe wallet or holder) I have not seen these for purchase alone, but you can buy a nano kit & use the sensor from it. (About $30) Sell the receiver on ebay, someone is bound to have lost theirs.
All options let you download your info to Nike + siste for private personal tracking.

Hope this helps.

Since we are in the Ipod touch forum 1 and 2 are really unnecessary;)

I provided the link for the Nike Ipod Sensor alone, in the above post
Here it is again Ipod Sensor

Aeroplane

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2008
i read the reviews for the product and it says it has a short battery life (not replaceable) for a $20 product, someone said like 7 months, others a year...i don't know why such big difference, and just think of all the sensors being thrown away each year because of it...mmmm. It is a nice tool to keep your health but not the planet's... :(

Rockrover

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
There is a simple DIY that enables batteries to be replaced. Google is your friend.

Sure it's not designed to have them replaced, but a little ingenuity and you're there.

--D

BigAlTouch

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
dont understand where sensor goes

So i dont need the special shoe? how am i supposed to keep the sensor on the current shoes i use for running?? Sorry its not my post but i found this before i asked the same question. I have touch 2g

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.