Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Wow, already at CS 4...it seems like just yesterday I got CS3 . I wonder what the future has in store for us! Exciting news...

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Awesome...so far i love it. I love the improvement on the burn and dodge tool, it seems like its way more effective.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
What exactly is the improvement with the dodge and burn tools? That flew by so quickly in that review video that I couldn't figure out what has actually changed.

What i gathered from that video is that the burn and dodge tool are a lot more accurate, and arent as exaggerated....so now you can make more subtle improvements.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
What i gathered from that video is that the burn and dodge tool are a lot more accurate, and arent as exaggerated....so now you can make more subtle improvements.

Hmm. You can already get subtle effects using the options for those tools in CS3 (tonal range, exposure, and brush hardness). I'm going to guess that there must be some kind of improvement to the tonal range selection. Maybe the tools can better preserve certain ranges while affecting others.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Hmm. You can already get subtle effects using the options for those tools in CS3 (tonal range, exposure, and brush hardness). I'm going to guess that there must be some kind of improvement to the tonal range selection. Maybe the tools can better preserve certain ranges while affecting others.
Ya, thats what Im thinking...I find with the current dodge and burn tool, the colour is not 100% accurate, so it seems to me they fixed that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.