PDA

View Full Version : how do i install neon lights in my xbox

kickstandkid606
Jan 22, 2004, 09:17 PM
Ok guys i`m really confused on how to do this. can you help me out? i just don`t know how to install them. i know how to open the xbox and stuff but i dunno how to install the lights. If you can help me out with it that be awesome.

MoparShaha
Jan 22, 2004, 09:29 PM
You should probably do a google search. I'm sure there are websites that show you, plus you'd get pictures.

kickstandkid606
Jan 22, 2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the tip but thats actually how i found this site so i was looking for someone to tell me straight forward or direct me to a site

G5orbust
Jan 22, 2004, 11:19 PM
Well unless

1) you are an electrical enginner (to redirect power, etc.)

or

2) the xbox has spare power connectors

you cant add anything of that sort to the xbox.

scem0
Jan 22, 2004, 11:39 PM
Go to a gaming forum and ask.

Most mac users won't be able to tell you much about modding Microsoft products ;).

scem0

etoiles
Jan 23, 2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by kickstandkid606
Thanks for the tip but thats actually how i found this site so i was looking for someone to tell me straight forward or direct me to a site

you did a search for "how do I install neon lights in my xbox" and landed on MacRumors ? I think google just lost its power...

:D

kickstandkid606
Jan 23, 2004, 11:37 AM
Haha well see it came upon one of the posts that someone did and it was about xbox mods. so luckly google has not lost power haha

flyfish29
Jan 23, 2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Go to a gaming forum and ask.

Most mac users won't be able to tell you much about modding Microsoft products ;).

scem0

Sure, I will give you some advice on how to Mod a M$ product. Just hit it with a hammer, open up (be careful of the hard drive which will shatter into glass like material) and stick a neon light inside...then pile the pieces up and you will have a product that is just as good as it was when you bought it.:D :D

Just kiddingg...sort of...no really go to techtv.com and search for mods. they have a guy that all he does is mods...xbox & Pc mostly.
They have done lights in PC many times. They had a phatty Mellenium Falcon model that was actually a PC inside. Check it out.

SiliconAddict
Jan 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by flyfish29
Sure, I will give you some advice on how to Mod a M$ product. Just hit it with a hammer, open up (be careful of the hard drive which will shatter into glass like material) and stick a neon light inside...then pile the pieces up and you will have a product that is just as good as it was when you bought it.:D :D

Just kiddingg...sort of...no really go to techtv.com and search for mods. they have a guy that all he does is mods...xbox & Pc mostly.
They have done lights in PC many times. They had a phatty Mellenium Falcon model that was actually a PC inside. Check it out.

Close flyfish. Actually you take it down to your local Power substation and attach a couple of high voltage cables to each side of the motherboard. Flip the switch. Guaranteed to glow for at least 5-10 seconds ;)