Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
If done by Apple then no, but if you did by another source other than Apple and they were able to detect that you did so then possibly. But when you have it engraved by Apple, you are not allowed to return it for a refund or product exchange (outside of defects), but the warranty is still valid.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
I imagine if you do the engraving yourself and somehow manage to puncture through the back and damage the internal components, than yes. If you're referring to the engraving that that you can request through Apple when placing an order for an iPod, then common sense would indicate that "NO, it does not void the 1 year warranty". Why would Apple offer a service that would instantaneously void the customer's warranty on the product??

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
As per the checkout page when you order:

"Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly as your engraved order can't be returned."

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
so i cant return it?

apple engraving your touch will NOT void your warranty. but you can't return it if you don't like it or something. also, keep in mind the resale value will be limited if it's got something like kingballin's ipod or your real name on it

kingballin20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Michigan
apple engraving your touch will NOT void your warranty. but you can't return it if you don't like it or something. also, keep in mind the resale value will be limited if it's got something like kingballin's ipod or your real name on it

haha dont worry that wasnt my plan. what do you think of this quote for which i cherrish ever so greatly since it is by the amazing band Mighty Mighty Bosstones,: "To be king, you dont need a castle" or something along those lines

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.