Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renderz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Hi Foiks, I may be getting a Nikon D3 soon so I will need more CF cards. I currently have 16gb & 4gb Extreme 3 cards for my D300. However, the cheaper equivalents are from Transcend but I worry about their speed.

Does anyone use them? If so, how do they compare with the Sandisks? How many continuous frames can you shoot before you have to stop?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
I've used Transcend cards for some time and have had no problems (I also use Sandisks).

There's quite a bit of "snobbery" regarding Transcend products - possibly because they are reasonably priced compared to the "popular" and heavily marketed brands. They've been around for some considerable time and the price differential could be explained by their relative lack of marketing and promotional spend.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
You should consider the Transcend 300X CF cards. Unless you have a camera that has the faster and UDMA-compatible bus speed, the amount of shots that can be taken before the buffer fills is still dependent on the size of the camera buffer. The difference between a 133X card and a 300X card on my camera is a slight reduction in the delay before shooting can resume after the buffer has been filled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.