Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gemio17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
NYC
My iPod has been acting out in the past couple of weeks and before I go to the genius bar, I wanted to see if anyone has had similair problems.

1st and foremost, is my earphone shock issue. I ordered a new pair of earbuds from Koss after getting constantly shocked by the Apple earbuds. Got them yesterday, put 'em in and bam-shocked again by the new earbuds-I had the original 5 gb last winter and was never shocked, not once. The shock was NEVER was a problem, and that's the major reason I'm concerned-maybe a problem with my 3g 10gb iPod that I got last summer?

2nd, while walking around iPod skips and resets to different parts of songs-or different songs altogether-and constantly pauses without me touching any buttons. iPod is fitted snuggly in my bag, it's not bouncing around and is protected by an exo skin that is inside the Booq PodPaq. I do use my remote which is clipped to the strap on my bag. I thought that maybe I was hitting the pause button accidently, but even if I hold it in my hand it still pauses and skips around.

Should I be concerned? I am still under the original warranty so that's not a problem. It is cold here-I'm in NYC-but again I had no problems with my 1st gen 5gb in similair conditions last winter, so I won't accept any weather excuses....Any suggestions????

Pseudonym

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2004
Old Blighty
Sounds as if something is shorting. It might account for both the shocks and the skipping. I would go for a replacement if you can.

gemio17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
NYC
I just read on apple's support page about other's having the same shocking problem - they think it may have something to do with the remote....But, I used the remote with my 5gb as well with no problem, I don't know, I'm gonna try it out and then if that doesn't work I'm going in....but I couldn't live without my remotethough, so that's not an option!

gemio17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
NYC
well, took off the remote, still got shocked...argh, to the genius bar I guess. I hate going there for this problem coz they think I'm lying- ANYONE out there having the same issues?? Or have talked to the Genius' about this????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.