Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nvjusme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
San Leandro
Hello all,
Today I bought a new WHITE Hard case for my IPHONE and it's awesome. It's all white so you don't have to hide that beautiful white Iphone behind some black case. I bought mine at Best Buy (I work there) and it is very cool.
You have to see it, the sku number is 8990309. You have to call your local store and ask for it. No photo is available on http://www.bestbuy.com yet because it's new but it is on the Incase website. Check it out at: http://goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59044/4

Finally a white case!!!

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I got mine at Best Buy yesterday. Same sku. Fit is great. Seconds to put on and take out. Love it. It's a nice looking case.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
woot you work at best buy too?

high five.

nope, but the slider is fairly old.

i bought it for my mom.
$12 ftw!

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
The Slider scared the f*** out of me. It was permanently stuck on my 3G. I slightly damaged my headphone jack removing it (stick headphones in turn upside down and put weight on jack area while holding InCase). I returned this case SO quickly.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
The Slider scared the f*** out of me. It was permanently stuck on my 3G. I slightly damaged my headphone jack removing it (stick headphones in turn upside down and put weight on jack area while holding InCase). I returned this case SO quickly.

yeah kiiinda had that, 'oh damn it's freakin stuck' effect but i just wiggled
the phone left to right while pulling and it finally budged.

cohenspire

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
around dc
Just went to best buy and got the last one with that SKU. Fits great, bottom is a little hard to get off, but not that big of a deal. It comes on and off fine. Can't believe i caved and put a case on my iphone...too bad i'll never be able to take back all the scratches that already exist on it :(

nvjusme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
San Leandro
glad you guys like it

Glad to see that some of you actually went out and got this case. The white is really nice and the yes the case is a tight fit but with a little jiggle and wiggle, it'll come off so not really a big deal. At least you know it's a good fit.

I haven't seen many white cases out there though.

see ya

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
Wait, I dont understand...what is new, How do you check, and where can you buy the new one at....how do you check if the SKU, if the first ones didnt fit, then why dont they recall them....how do you tell the difference

nvjusme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
San Leandro
the link

the link that I pasted is for the case and not Iphone.

Best Buy carries the case but it's selling out really fast or you can just buy it online.

nvjusme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
San Leandro
more colors hopefully soon

I hope that Incase makes more colors soon. My wife is getting the IPHONE in ten days and I would rather get her a pink case just like mine but they only offer black and white.

Anyone seen any good pink cases that are like the slider type that I am talking about here?

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
yes the white slider is definately a beautiful cAse, had it since it came out it's getting thrashed from all the falls it's taken, not a scratch on the 3g at All. I'm gonna get another slider same color tomorrow from best buy, fresh start

cueballbil

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2008
It's *****. it will scratch your chrome bezel.

I've heard that somewhere before. Have you seen this happen first hand? Just curious as I am thinking of getting on myself. But I don't want it to scratch my phone.
Anyone else notice that the slider case scratches the chrome and or any part of the phone?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Go with the switcheasy case so much cooler looking!

If you want a complicated cover "system" with about 10 parts, go with the switcheasy. If you want a simple, elegant case, go with the slider. The white has been available for a while and there are other colors as well. I can't detect any bezel scratches on mine, but then I don't take it off and put it back on daily either.

Steve

tdgrn

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I have been using the InCase Slider (White version) for roughly 2 weeks. I really like it. It doesn't add a large amount of bulk while on the phone, and coupled with an Invisishield screen protector, my iPhone 3G is totally covered.
My only gripe with it is that fact that I have to take it out of the case to put it into some sort of holster. (I use the holster at work, makes me look professional and all...) Yeah...

nvjusme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
San Leandro
gotta love it

My case has not caused any scratches at all to the phone and when you take off the case the phone still looks brand new. This is definately the best case to get. Another case that I did buy is a SPECK Products case to where the bottom slide out part of the case doubles as a dock so you can set your phone in the bottom half of the case and it will sit in there so you can watch movies or whatever.

pretty cool.

Check it out at http://www.speckproducts.com

see ya

KER822

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2008
This Case Is The Devil!

I've heard that somewhere before. Have you seen this happen first hand? Just curious as I am thinking of getting on myself. But I don't want it to scratch my phone.
Anyone else notice that the slider case scratches the chrome and or any part of the phone?

If I could only see the beautiful chrome around my iPhone again....I haven't seen it since the day I put this case onto my white iPhone.

My reccomendation is: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT purchase this case for your beloved iPhone.

I knew I did not want a silicone case because that is what I had on my old 16GB Edge iPhone and it did not work for me. Ideally I would have liked a clear case to show off my white iPhone, but none of the clear cases had good reviews. I purchased this case after carefully researching and reviewing my options online.

I went to my local Apple store and after talking with the sales person, I decided this one was the one for me. My plan was to purchase my new case along with my anti-glare screen protector. THe store was out of the screen protector, so I purchased the case and the sales associate put the case on my phone for me and I was set!

That was about a month ago. I've tried several times to take my case off, and I have not had success. I went BACK to the apple store and the sales associate could not get the case off. The sales associate took my phone back to the "geniuses" and they could not get the case off. The only suggestion they had was to get my phone cold to (hopefully) shrink the plastic on the phone. I've tried that, and it didn't work.

The only other idea I have is to get my phone cold again and then use a rubber jar opener to get a better grip on my phone. I have a feeling that will not end well.

If I can't get my case off of my iPhone I will not be a very happy camper. I purchased a reccomend case from my apple store. I didn't go out and buy some case that some shady third party makes.

I don't know what my options are, but I am rapidly running out of patients. DO NOT BUY THIS CASE!

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.