PDA

View Full Version : weid effect

phreakout13
Jan 23, 2004, 02:55 PM
hi
on a mac with OS X 1.3, if you invert your screen (cntrl-opt.-command-8) and take a picture (command-shift-3) the hard drive icon or any folders on the desktop don't show up on the picture, but they show up on the actual desktop when it's inverted. Why?

denjeff
Jan 23, 2004, 02:59 PM
bug report to apple!!!

probably no answer back, if so, expect something like "will be fixed in 10.4, good reason to buy the update... freak"

Mr. Anderson
Jan 23, 2004, 03:08 PM
hmm, didn't even know you could do that - so what purpose does it serve to invert the screen?

I did it in Panther and it inverts and turns it into B/W - not inverted colors.

Any way to get inverted colors?

D

Vector
Jan 23, 2004, 03:09 PM
wow. i had no idea you could invert the screen like that. do you have any other wierd tips like that?

Edot
Jan 23, 2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Vector
wow. i had no idea you could invert the screen like that. do you have any other wierd tips like that?

Kinda doubles as one exotic theme. I like the white shadows and well it just looks cool! Kinda kills graphics though. I wonder if you could print your screen on a transparency and then develop it like normal film?:cool:

jxyama
Jan 23, 2004, 03:36 PM
wow. neat.

i think this might work well if you wanted to simplify your presentation on the projector. b/w may show up better than in some colors... many presentations look fine on a computer screen but look absolutely awful once projected...

Vector
Jan 23, 2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah, i noticed it is hard on the graphics. My computer has trouble running graphically intensive actions, especially certain screensavers.

denjeff
Jan 23, 2004, 03:54 PM
other real hidden stuff...

go to /Applications/Utilities, open Directory Access. enable netinfo. then log out all users. on the log in screen click on "other" (it should be there now, if not, eneble root user in netinfo) then put ">console" in the user name field. press enter... visit the cool world of bare OSX.

restart and press apple-V

restart and press apple-S (just type "exit", not something like "** -** /*" -> i ll censor this before anybody actually does something stupid...)

restart and press apple-alt-O-F (just type "exit" nothing else!!!)

all a bit less cool, until you really know what to do with it :)

MrMacMan
Jan 24, 2004, 12:37 AM
Nice effects.

I was looking for that 'other' tab I used...

When I installed 10.2 originally it was one of the first things I did... I thought it was a preference, you made my day refinding it!

:D