PDA

View Full Version : First Pepsi iTunes Bottles in Circulation

MacBoyX
Jan 23, 2004, 11:17 AM
At lunch today my diet Pepsi was an Pepsi/iTunes giveaway bottle and it was a winner, funny the other two guys I ate with also bought diet Pepsi but neither of them won, I guess it is 1-3 LOL!

rueyeet
Jan 23, 2004, 12:08 PM
Time to start drinking the Pepsi...or grabbing caps from whoever can drink it for you!

brianellisrules
Jan 23, 2004, 01:26 PM
so what did you download?

jrv3034
Jan 23, 2004, 01:36 PM
Cool! I didn't know the giveaway had already started. I can just seee the surge in Pepsi sales nationwide.

Poor Coke...;)

MacBoyX
Jan 23, 2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by brianellisrules
so what did you download?

Nothing yet...

1. I am not home but at work and no Mac here and no access to iTMS thru work on the PC version.
2. I don't know if you can do it until Feb 1. I WILL be checking as soon as I get home and I'll get back to ya!

macboyX

MacBoyX
Jan 23, 2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034
Cool! I didn't know the giveaway had already started. I can just seee the surge in Pepsi sales nationwide.

Poor Coke...;)

Poor Coke my Aunt Fanny!

Coke launched their own service, and it was down more than it was up in the first 48 hrs.

Pepsi deserves the boost in sales, they are payin for the songs :)

LOL!

macboyX

SilentPanda
Jan 23, 2004, 02:28 PM
You probably won't be able to input the number until the 1st. I vaugely recall that there will be a place in the actual iTunes music store to put the number. You won't go to a web page and put in the number with your iTunes account name. So it will probably be an update to the iTunes Music Store main page or something. I doubt they would update the whole client for it.

1macker1
Jan 23, 2004, 02:54 PM
When did they start. I thought it wouldn't start until the superbowl.

Kwyjibo
Jan 23, 2004, 03:04 PM
damn i wish my school wasn't a coke school

michaelrjohnson
Jan 23, 2004, 03:42 PM
congrats on the win.

i forsee a large # of useless threads beginning to pop up.:rolleyes:

good work!:D

latergator116
Jan 23, 2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo

Yeah, my school is a coke school too. I actually like coke products better though..

MacBoyX
Jan 23, 2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by michaelrjohnson
congrats on the win.

i forsee a large # of useless threads beginning to pop up.:rolleyes:

good work!:D

Me thinks you might be right, but I was kinda hoping that I was the first. Has no one else seen one or won?

There is no where to redeem it yet, and I didn't think it started until Feb 1 either!

Arn asked me to send pics, I just did, maybe i'll put them on Macboyx.com.

LOL...i feel like such a Mac Geek!

macboyx

rdowns
Jan 23, 2004, 04:27 PM

Back in my day, that had a whole differnet meaning.

whooleytoo
Jan 23, 2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034

Poor Coke...;)

I can see it now, Pepsi talking to Steve Jobs:

"Do you want to change the world all you life? Or do you want to join us, and sell sugared water?" :D

MacRumors
Jan 23, 2004, 07:56 PM
Photos of Winning Bottle: Cap (http://www.macrumors.com/downloads/photos/pepsi_cap.jpg) and Bottle (http://www.macrumors.com/downloads/photos/pepsi_bottles.jpg)

idkew
Jan 23, 2004, 07:59 PM
can we enter without paying?

it may be less expensive to send a postcard for a free entry....

edit:

2. WHERE TO FIND GAME PIECES: Look for game piece printed underneath bottle caps on specially marked “iTunes” 20 oz. and 1 liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist and under the rim of specially marked 32 oz. fountain cups available at participating 7-11 convenience stores during the Promotion Period. Not all brands and package sizes may participate in all areas. No Purchase Necessary. To receive one free game piece and a copy of Official Rules, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked on or before 3/31/04 to: Pepsi iTunes Game Piece, P.O. Box 9205, Young America, MN 55558-9205. Residents of the state of VT may omit return postage. Limit one free game piece per request per stamped outer envelope. Pepsi-Cola Company (“Sponsor”) assumes no liability for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or postage-due mail or requests.

so- it will cost you 74˘ per chance, which is 1 in 3, or on average $2.22 for music by postage entry.

beefcake
Jan 23, 2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Macrumors
Photos of Winning Bottle: Cap (http://www.macrumors.com/downloads/photos/pepsi_cap.jpg) and Bottle (http://www.macrumors.com/downloads/photos/pepsi_bottles.jpg)
Diet Pepsi + free song < Pepsi

:D

hcopp
Jan 23, 2004, 08:25 PM
heres what i want to know...

if i got 10 free songs... would i just have a credit of $9.90 and buy an album with 9 more cents... or do you only get one song.

Freg3000
Jan 23, 2004, 08:31 PM
The only bad thing that I can see (and I am being really picky) is that the www.iTunes.com on the cap is much smaller than I envisioned it. Or, at least smaller than what Steve told me.....

rdowns
Jan 23, 2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Freg3000
The only bad thing that I can see (and I am being really picky) is that the www.iTunes.com on the cap is much smaller than I envisioned it. Or, at least smaller than what Steve told me.....

I called the 800 number. Just a recording saying the promotion starts 2/1 and to hold caps and call back later.

Photorun
Jan 23, 2004, 08:49 PM
COOL!!! I need to check my local sugar water outlets and see what's going on there, let the games begin! And I'm trying to find out uses for the Pepsi I'm not going to drink (it's bad for you, like all soda). Maybe I put I could make a Pepsi pond outside, some type of wacky Willy Wonka like thing... and oompas will come.

dukemeiser
Jan 23, 2004, 08:50 PM
I liked the fair sized Apple logo on the Pepsi bottle! Talk about mind share.

Now I'm going to have to find some songs worth downloading!

SpY2K
Jan 23, 2004, 09:02 PM
:cool: hehe that Pepsi/iTunes hotline is humurous... so upbeat, makes me want to check my local convenience store for some! ...can't wait for the ad on 2/1

Stella
Jan 23, 2004, 09:07 PM
Can't help thinking that some people are going to be confused why they can't claim their free songs now... and just give up.

Surely Pepsi should have waited until 1st Feb - then the winners could d/l songs immediately.

Its a shame that some of these bottles won't 'accidently' find their way into Canada!

G4scott
Jan 23, 2004, 09:11 PM
Just picked up a pepsi downstairs at my dorm from a machine... No iTunes contest, just the same ol' Pepsi Sí, which I'm guessing is a ploy to get hispanics to drink Pepsi...

I'll check our dorm's 'gas station' store (it's like a convenient store in our dorm) to see what those bottles are like...

I did just notice that the cap on this pepsi is a nice, translucent aqua blue... too bad there's no music with it...

evoluzione
Jan 23, 2004, 09:51 PM

that scares me, i have no experience of schools being funded in part by advertising. we had a drinks vending machine in school, just the one, in the dining area, next to the candy machine. oh, come to think of it, we did have a school bank, a "Midland" which is now HSBC, i guess that was the start of it for my school....

anyways i digress... i need to tell the guy that stocks up the fridge in the studio to make sure he buys the promo ones from now on, i could get lucky!

and i was kinda hoping that the pics would still have the code on haha

vwcruisn
Jan 23, 2004, 10:09 PM
why are there so many negatives.. this promotion is a good thing for apple!

idkew
Jan 23, 2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by vwcruisn

i accidently hit negative. :eek:

Sabenth
Jan 23, 2004, 10:20 PM
Wish this was global id love to get a few tracks oh well..:( still good though for apple :) ?

robotrenegade
Jan 23, 2004, 10:48 PM
I'm stocking up!!

Sir_Giggles
Jan 23, 2004, 10:57 PM
Let the fattening of America begin!

Ah, another sign where corporate greed takes precedence over the health and well-being of its' citizens.

Long live America!

just kidding... i'm just pissed we can't get it here in Canada.

idkew
Jan 23, 2004, 11:02 PM
kinda sucks it is not offered with diet dew. i am addicted to that stuff.

j33pd0g
Jan 23, 2004, 11:19 PM
... Apple logo on the bottle. It makes me happy. I wonder how many people (the ones under the rock) will see the logo and think Pepsi has a new apple pepsi out. They'll think it's dumb, but buy a bottle to see what it's all about. They'll be mad and say that it tastes the same. Then they will inadvertently throw their winning cap into the garbage.

MacBoyX
Jan 23, 2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by evoluzione
...and i was kinda hoping that the pics would still have the code on haha

I'm not that stupid LOL!!!! Ha Ha

I don't know why they didn't do it with other sodas too i love diet dew and wild cherry pepsi and diet sierra mist!

macboyX

Kingsnapped
Jan 23, 2004, 11:34 PM
Wow, I picked a hell of a year to stop drinking Caffine. Caffine Free Dew only comes in 12 packs around here, same with Pepsi.

Looks like I'll be living off Sierra Mist.

Gus
Jan 24, 2004, 12:10 AM
WooHoo! I just won a free song! This is a very cool promotion. I can't wait to be able to get the song.

I live in Lincoln, NE, and I got it at Wal-Mart.

Regards,
Gus

uberman42
Jan 24, 2004, 12:48 AM
i took a look at the bottle picture and for a split second thought it was a bottle of Crystal Pepsi (http://www.geocities.com/stargazer2893a/cp/). EGAD!

trebblekicked
Jan 24, 2004, 01:02 AM
i don't know about you, but i'd love to see how many of the pepsi giveaway songs go to MR folk. Anyone up for maintaining a thread and betting pool? i wonder if we could break 5000 songs...

aub32
Jan 24, 2004, 01:05 AM
sweet. I'll be heading out to west goshen tomorrow to stock up at the acme.

bennok
Jan 24, 2004, 01:20 AM
Spend your iTunes caps on this:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?artistId=4210796

Also, I agree that it sucks that they aren't offering this deal on Mountain Dew.

ITR 81
Jan 24, 2004, 01:41 AM
Pepsi Bottling Company is only 25 mins away from here..so low and behold I found our Pepsi man loading a crap load of iTunes topped beverages at my local Wal-Marts.
I've already found 5 songs from folks just drinking them and throwing them away.

Parents just bought two six packs..so I should get all those too soon.

Once I get 12 free songs I can buy album maybe.

I bet Pepsi starts selling like hell after Feb 1st.

Right now they are only .50 cents a pop here..so I may go out and buy some more diet pepsi tomorrow.

Omad0n
Jan 24, 2004, 02:33 AM
Tryed picking up a soda for fun today from the pepsie machine. No such luck yet with the promo, but here's hoping!

MacFan26
Jan 24, 2004, 03:22 AM
I can get Coke and Pepsi products from my college campus, but the thing that's annoying is Pepsi bottles are 99 cents, and Coke is $1.29, isn't that annoying? Oh well, at least I'll be buying Pepsi when they I see the iTunes bottles :)

sethypoo
Jan 24, 2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by rdowns
I called the 800 number. Just a recording saying the promotion starts 2/1 and to hold caps and call back later.

Yep, I don't know if someone already posted this (I am too tired to check), but here's what Apple's rules site says:

1. PROMOTION PERIOD. The iTunes promotion period begins 12:00:00 a.m. EST 2/1/04 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 3/31/04, or when supplies of specially marked packages have been exhausted, whichever comes first (the “Promotion Period”). All iTunes download prizes must be redeemed by, 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on 4/30/04 (“Redemption Deadline”). The computer of Apple Computer, Inc. is the official time-keeping device in the promotion.

sethypoo
Jan 24, 2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by j33pd0g
... Apple logo on the bottle. It makes me happy. I wonder how many people (the ones under the rock) will see the logo and think Pepsi has a new apple pepsi out. They'll think it's dumb, but buy a bottle to see what it's all about. They'll be mad and say that it tastes the same. Then they will inadvertently throw their winning cap into the garbage.

Welcome to America, friend!

:rolleyes: :D ;)

sethypoo
Jan 24, 2004, 03:46 AM
There is a limit, unless you want to open up more than one account.

Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period.

From http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html

MongoTheGeek
Jan 24, 2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by vwcruisn

I don't get the negative positive thing. Is it that you think its false or that you think it is bad or simply that you don't care, vs true good or important.

Floop
Jan 24, 2004, 04:30 AM
Not that I'm advocating this, but...

The codes are made up of 10 digits or numbers.

There are 26 letters and 10 digits, giving 36 unique characters.

The number of possible permutations is therefore 36 to the power of 10, which is:

If there are 1,000,000 codes out there, this means if you work through all the potential codes, then you will find a valid code for every 3656158440 invalid code.

Okay so I think I'm answering my own question here, it doesn't look like a good strategy to randomly type in codes, hoping that you will chance upon a lucky one.

Having said that, I wonder whether any enterprising hacker will write up a routine to automatically sort through every permutation in order to try and find valid codes, and whether Apple have got any procedures in place to stop such activity.

I expect they have, though I am interested in how they might try and stop this happening.

I hope this campaign is a huge success. I'm just bummed that here in the UK we cannot take part!

Floop

ph_555_shag
Jan 24, 2004, 05:06 AM
NEW THREAD FOR WINNERS NEW THREAD FOR WINNERS NEW THREAD FOR WINNERS NEW THREAD FOR WINNERS NEW THREAD FOR WINNERS NEW THREAD FOR WINNERS
(can we put up a counter or something it would be more gooder (:D) than having to count posts)

billpalmer
Jan 24, 2004, 06:53 AM
Won an iTunes song from Pepsi? Tell us about it and win more stuff! Go here for rules and instructions:

iPod Garage winners content (http://billpalmer.net/ipodgarage/ipod000014.html)

eizzumdm
Jan 24, 2004, 06:57 AM
I got my first winning bottle at the Shop-Rite in Skillman, NJ . Sure I spent $1.19 for a 33% chance of winning a 99 cent prize, but it paid off. Not really a big Pepsi fan (why couldn't Pepsi have put them under Mountain Dew caps as well?), but I suppose the soda wasn't that bad.

Let the Dumpster Diving begin! :p

curmi
Jan 24, 2004, 08:08 AM
The bottle says "PC or Mac" not "Mac or PC". I would have thought Steve would make sure "Mac" came first...

billpalmer
Jan 24, 2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by curmi
The bottle says "PC or Mac" not "Mac or PC". I would have thought Steve would make sure "Mac" came first...

Actually, you're reading it wrong. It's referring to "P. Cormac", the gentleman in Pepsi's marketing department who dreamed up the promotion in the first place.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;)

bindlerotor
Jan 24, 2004, 09:35 AM
I wonder if Apple will ever make it possible to distribute winning codes for specific songs or artists.

It would be a cool way for an artist, band or label to promote a new artist or "album".

Great for indies too.

aub32
Jan 24, 2004, 10:35 AM
I know it sucks that anybody outside the US can't use the itms now, but perhaps there will be announcements coming up at the super bowl that might change a few international locations.

vitrector
Jan 24, 2004, 10:57 AM
If there are 1,000,000 codes out there, this means if you work through all the potential codes, then you will find a valid code for every 3656158440 invalid code.

100,000,000 (one hundred million) songs will be given away, not 1 million (1,000,000).
So you can take two digits off your likelyhood figure of any given of all possible codes being a winner... i.e. 1 in approx 36561584 (even so, one in 36.5 million - a lot of code entering to win $0.99 IMHO)

wdlove
Jan 24, 2004, 12:48 PM
I thought the actual promotion didn't start until February 1st. It sounds like my next purchase should be Pepsi?

billpalmer
Jan 24, 2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I thought the actual promotion didn't start until February 1st. It sounds like my next purchase should be Pepsi?

Considering just how many Pepsi bottles are sold nationwide, it's likely that Pepsi had to begin seeding the market with eligible bottles now, to ensure saturation by the time the promotion "officially" kicks off during the SuperBowl. For instance, down here in Florida, we're not close to any central distribution locations, so I'd expect eligible bottles to start showing up around here last of all (although I haven't checked locally yet).

The kicker, though, is that even if you get a winning bottlecap now, you can't actually redeem it until after the promotion officially begins... :p

G4DoobieDoobieD
Jan 24, 2004, 02:02 PM
<http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/>

billpalmer
Jan 24, 2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by G4DoobieDoobieD
<http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/>

Not yet! :)

winmacguy
Jan 24, 2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by curmi

Not in this case. Apple wants to get more PC users to switch to Mac and or get into iTunes so they advertise iPods and iTunes as being for PC or Mac .

winmacguy
Jan 24, 2004, 02:11 PM

The promotion does start on Feb 01 but the logistics of getting every Pepsi vendor in North America stocked with iTunes promotional bottles for a 100 million giveaway means that they would have to start distributing at least a week out to have sufficient numbers instores on time to meet demand. I gather if you ring up the number there is a recorded message telling you to wait until the first of Feb.

Monkeypoo
Jan 24, 2004, 05:24 PM
Hmmm...as tempting as it is to buy both a pepsi and get a song all for 99 cents is, I think I'll just settle for paying 99 cents for the itunes song and eat a spoonful of sugar with a glass of water. And hey, I don't have to wait until Feb 1st to do it either! Um...gotta go, the sugar calls.:p

Congrats to all you who have won though. :cool:

Arcady
Jan 24, 2004, 06:36 PM
I just picked up a bottle in Cincinnati Ohio and I won a free song. Cool.

Anyone want a previously opened diet Pepsi? :D

latergator116
Jan 24, 2004, 06:53 PM

hehe... me too. are you a pepsi fan also?

I actually try to avoid drinking the stuff (soda in general for that matter), but now I have a better reason too drink some.:p

~Shard~
Jan 25, 2004, 02:19 AM
I think this is going to be great for Apple and Pepsi. I feel like I'm being discriminated against though since I never drink Pepsi, or anything else like cola, coffee, etc. that is bad for you - I'm a bit of a health freak. :cool:

Ah well, it's a moot point, since I live in Canada and can't access ITMS anyway. Bring on ITMS Canada! I guess that comment belongs in another thread though... ;)

iindigo
Jan 25, 2004, 08:06 AM
Hey, is SunKist a Pepsi product? Cuz I loooove SunKist but hate Pepsi...

Yah I'm more of a coke person :D

jero
Jan 25, 2004, 09:17 PM
coke drinker here as well. but my co worker drinks pepso religiously. i might have to check his cap when his back is turned. or just ask him for the cap cause i dont think he has itunes anyway.

wdlove
Jan 25, 2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
hehe... me too. are you a pepsi fan also?

I actually try to avoid drinking the stuff (soda in general for that matter), but now I have a better reason too drink some.:p

I'm actually not a Pepsi fan. The only reason is that Pepsi never goes on sale, at least that is the case here in Boston.

Because of this promotion, plan on purchasing Pepsi. Don't want to let Steve down. He ask us at MWSF to drink plenty! ;)

iggyb
Jan 25, 2004, 09:43 PM
Too bad it doesn't come on the Dew caps. It seems like there are a lot of Dew drinkers in the demographic that Apple would want to target.

That, and of course I'm a Dew drinker myself. :D

j33pd0g
Jan 25, 2004, 10:01 PM
Our town sucks. We still have pepsi bottles with the NCAA under the cap game. There are only 10 out of 35,000 people here who use OS X. The other 34,990 people are split into 2 groups. PC users, and cave painters. I don't expect to see these bottles at all. If I see one it will be at the dollar store - long after the give away is over.

Gus
Jan 26, 2004, 01:53 AM
This thread has reached celebrity status: it's mentioned on AtAT! :)

Regards,
Gus

MacBoyX
Jan 26, 2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Gus
This thread has reached celebrity status: it's mentioned on AtAT! :)

Regards,
Gus

Yup along with my website. I got 33000 hits this weekend!

macboyX

shamino
Jan 26, 2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Giggles
Let the fattening of America begin!
Assuming, of course, that this promo convinces more people to drink soda. My guess is that it won't - it will just convince existing soda drinkers to change brands.

shamino
Jan 26, 2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Floop

Having said that, I wonder whether any enterprising hacker will write up a routine to automatically sort through every permutation in order to try and find valid codes, and whether Apple have got any procedures in place to stop such activity.
I would assume that you will need an ITMS account in order to redeem winning numbers. I would also assume that they have measures in-place to lock-out any ITMS accounts that repeatedly submit invalid numbers. They'd have to be completely insane to not have such measures.

The interesting question is whether someone who trips the alarm will only lose the ability to enter more codes or if he'll lose all access to his ITMS account.

Of course, it may be even simpler than that. The rules say that no single account may redeem more than 10 caps a day. So if they simply refuse to let you enter more than 10 numbers a day (valid or invalid), it will effectively make it impossible to hack the system, since it would take an average of 150,000 days to hit a valid code using a brute-force method.

rogozhin
Jan 27, 2004, 04:48 PM
The Diet Pepsi/Yahoo Red Carpet Contest (http://promotions.yahoo.com/redcarpet)

frinky23
Jan 28, 2004, 04:18 PM
I went over to my local Target today to pick up some laundry detergent and while there I noticed that they had the 6-packs of 20 oz. bottles on sale. 3 for $8.00. That works out to $2.66 for each 6-pack or $0.44 per bottle.

The bottles were not labeled for this promotion, but maybe they will be before the sale ends.

Nawlins
Jan 28, 2004, 08:09 PM
The school I go to, Loyola University New Orleans, only sells Coke products on campus...

Before the promotion, the iTMS never made it any easier for college students - who are some of the biggest pirates of music - to get songs legally, because although the iTMS is extremely easy to use, it doesn't make music any cheaper to buy. Since a significant number of colleges have contracts exclusively with Coke, no Pepsi products are sold on those campuses, ensuring a lot of college students won't benefit from this promotion...

Plus, Coke is just better than Pepsi...

Monkeypoo
Jan 28, 2004, 09:05 PM
Hey, I'm in New Orleans too and at Sav A Center I checked out the pepsi bottles and they have some game to spell "HORNETS" instead of the iTMS giveaway. I guess I'll stick to my original stance and just buy the tunes and not even bother trying to find an iTMS game bottle unless it randomly appears at a time that I'm craving a caffeine fix and don't have hot tea in proximity (what the hell is up with the cold weather here!?!)

Nawlins
Jan 28, 2004, 11:38 PM
I'm from Chicago, this weather is nothing...

wdlove
Jan 29, 2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Nawlins
The school I go to, Loyola University New Orleans, only sells Coke products on campus...

Plus, Coke is just better than Pepsi...

That is just not right, guess that means that a lot of college students will be making trips off campus. At least here in Boston that task is simple.

I think that Coke does have a stronger flavor than Pepsi.

neoelectronaut
Jan 29, 2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Monkeypoo
Hey, I'm in New Orleans too and at Sav A Center I checked out the pepsi bottles and they have some game to spell "HORNETS" instead of the iTMS giveaway. I guess I'll stick to my original stance and just buy the tunes and not even bother trying to find an iTMS game bottle unless it randomly appears at a time that I'm craving a caffeine fix and don't have hot tea in proximity (what the hell is up with the cold weather here!?!)

Living also in Southeastern Louisiana I noticed the HORNETS promotion on TV recently...

I sure hope this doesn't cut into our iTMS promotion.

DAMN YOU HORNETS!

Edit: And yeah, the weather is really cheesing me off. I live in the south to stay WARM, not freeze my buns off!

PeteyKohut
Jan 29, 2004, 03:03 PM
I was at a local Genuardi's in Audubon, PA and I saw the Pepsi guy loading up the display case with the new bottles. I bought my first one at lunch......WINNER!!! What a rush!

ftaok
Jan 29, 2004, 03:35 PM
For everyone who's complaining about having to buy Pepsi (and the associated caffiene hit) to win a prize, you can also buy a Sierra Mist and get a game cap.

Monkeypoo
Jan 29, 2004, 05:30 PM
So is this like mountain dew or sprite? caffeinated without the color of cola or decaffeinated (aka sugar water with bubbles - seriously what is the point of sugar free caffeine free diet coke anyway?!?)

ftaok
Jan 29, 2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Monkeypoo
So is this like mountain dew or sprite? caffeinated without the color of cola or decaffeinated (aka sugar water with bubbles - seriously what is the point of sugar free caffeine free diet coke anyway?!?) Sierra Mist is like Sprite or 7-Up.

j33pd0g
Jan 29, 2004, 06:28 PM
I don't think those bottles are coming to my town... :(
Most of the stores (I've been checking) are pretty heavily stocked with bottles of Pepsi... with no promo's at all. And in my town that means you got to finish them before new one come in. FIFO. First In First Out. Unless Pepsi specifies otherwise. Anyway, I live in CNY, and I hope this deal isn't constrained to certain locations.

GroundLoop
Jan 30, 2004, 06:42 AM
My first bottle was a winner as well. They just appeared at my company yesterday. By the way, I work in Moorestown, NJ.

Hickman

edit: I am on my 3rd bottle today, and all three were winners. Does anyone else think that there is a better than 1 in 3 chance of winning?

frinky23
Jan 30, 2004, 10:29 AM
Perhaps Pepsi is front-weighting the winners in the hopes of getting people hooked early. Then they won't be complaining as much later on when they don't win as often, or maybe they'll even buy more to try to keep winning.

BagelTycoon
Jan 30, 2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by latergator116
Yeah, my school is a coke school too. I actually like coke products better though..

Belushi and Ackroyd said it best, paying homage to the Windy City's Billy Goat Tavern: "No Coke, Pepsi!" (http://www.ccchronicle.com/back/2001-04-30/sports2.html)

djbahdow01
Jan 30, 2004, 05:12 PM
Just saw a Pepsi ad for a Daytona 500 giveaway. Hope this doesn't ruin the chances of me getting some songs. If so oh well ill spend the money on them.

djbahdow01
Jan 30, 2004, 05:28 PM
Just saw a Pepsi ad for a Daytona 500 giveaway. Hope this doesn't ruin the chances of me getting some songs. If so oh well ill spend the money on them.

barnett25
Jan 30, 2004, 05:45 PM
I am so glad that pepsi is doing this promotion instead of coke. I think that coke is just a little too bitter...sugar water shouldnt be bitter. :D
Im in WV and haven't seen anything yet, I hope I can get some soon!