PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market Discussion


oldschool
Jan 23, 2004, 09:24 PM
Suggestion: a stock market/financial analysis room for this forum. People could discuss different stocks, stock picks of the day, etc.

On the same topic however, does anybody know of some good market forums?

wdlove
Jan 24, 2004, 08:52 PM
Personally I stay out of the Stock Market. I prefer not to gamble. They say if the worry is bothersome to stay out! Only buy what you are knowledgeable about and feel comfortable!

stoid
Jan 24, 2004, 09:48 PM
Seems like now might be a great time to buy up Apple stock. With Steve said that they have a bunch of great stuff this year, and Microsoft publicly acknowledging that Apple is on the rise, it seems like stock would be going in the up direction too.

Dippo
Jan 24, 2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Personally I stay out of the Stock Market. I prefer not to gamble. They say if the worry is bothersome to stay out! Only buy what you are knowledgeable about and feel comfortable!

I tend to agree. If you don't know what you are doing, then you might as well go out and buy some lottery tickets, it's the same thing.

oldschool
Jan 24, 2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Dippo
I tend to agree. If you don't know what you are doing, then you might as well go out and buy some lottery tickets, it's the same thing.


i never asked how to invest...i just thought it would be a good place for like minded people who know what they are doing to have some discussions about the topic.

MrMacMan
Jan 25, 2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Dippo
I tend to agree. If you don't know what you are doing, then you might as well go out and buy some lottery tickets, it's the same thing.
Bah.

What are these humbuggers talking about?

You have greater control over a stock them the lotto.

You check out a company, you buy the stock, it raises, you sell or contiune to hold the shares... That doesn't seem like a 1:100000 chance "To Win" to me...

:p

Apple is at a Relative Low price, and no one is selling it, so I see a very low risk stock, profitable? Possibly.


Anyone have insider trading tips?
;) ;)

'psst, I hear Martha Stewart Living is going to rise $10 tommorow, buy up!'
;) ;)

oldschool
Jan 25, 2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Bah.

What are these humbuggers talking about?

You have greater control over a stock them the lotto.

You check out a company, you buy the stock, it raises, you sell or contiune to hold the shares... That doesn't seem like a 1:100000 chance "To Win" to me...

:p

Apple is at a Relative Low price, and no one is selling it, so I see a very low risk stock, profitable? Possibly.


Anyone have insider trading tips?
;) ;)

'psst, I hear Martha Stewart Living is going to rise $10 tommorow, buy up!'
;) ;)


Exactly.

You're right, Martha Stewart Living should be on an upswing....so should Enron.


Actually enron is seriously going up...i bought and sold in a day made a few cents a share...not bad for a company who's execs are all going to jail :D