PDA

View Full Version : Seriously.. What has this world come to... (Violence)

eyemacg5
Sep 27, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hey guys I've just got back from london..
Travelling we used National Express, excellent service and prices.
When we, my mother and I, arrived in our hometown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesterfield) a group of 2 men aged ~20 and a young teen ~13 came up to us. The smaller boy hit me in the eye, ran off then the men demanded our phones and money or I'd "get one off him", looking back on it by that I hope he meant a punch, but he was hanging round with a small boy...
Mother and I carried on walking to our car and drove off with no more trouble and I am ok.

But the thing is..
The kid hit me and didnt take anything, it makes no sense, I mean I'd understand it if he did take my phone and money not that I had either with me but they didn't know that.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm 17.
I don't think I dress "differently" either, I was wearing a jacket, straight legish baggish jeans and fred perry shoes..

spikespike
Sep 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hey guys I've just got back from london..
Travelling we used National Express, excellent service and prices.
When we, my mother and I, arrived in our hometown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesterfield) a group of 2 men aged ~20 and a young teen ~13 came up to us. The smaller boy hit me in the eye, ran off then the men demanded our phones and money or I'd "get one off him", looking back on it by that I hope he meant a punch, but he was hanging round with a small boy...
Mother and I carried on walking to our car and drove off with no more trouble and I am ok.

But the thing is..
The kid hit me and didnt take anything, it makes no sense, I mean I'd understand it if he did take my phone and money not that I had either with me but they didn't know that.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm 17.
I don't think I dress "differently" either, I was wearing a jacket, straight legish baggish jeans and fred perry shoes..

I am pretty sure the worlds been through a lot worse than this.

Sounds like a couple of douchebags egging a younger sibling on or something.

Gray-Wolf
Sep 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
Some people just don't care, and pardon the pun, but they do what ever strikes them at the moment.

donga
Sep 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
they didn't steal anything from you right?

sounds like some kids with nothing better to do with their time. and it's a good thing you or your mom weren't alone. glad you're alright and nothing else happened

iJohnHenry
Sep 27, 2008, 06:03 PM
I've heard of kids being used as "mules" to carry hand guns, but this is a first.

The idea is that the assault and battery was perpetrated by a poor, misguided minor, who will get off with a stern tongue-lashing.

The older perps only asked you for "stuff", following the blow, which is assault, but not battery, and tough to prove.

Abstract
Sep 27, 2008, 07:33 PM
Did you give the two older guys anything?