Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nagooya

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Wouldn't you like to know?
...I couldn't wait any longer. I gave in and bought the MacBook Air. Its perfect, beautiful, faster than I had expected. I love it, and I am very happy with my decision. :D

Nagooya

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah, I knew the update was coming, and I've made my decision. So if I do complain then I told my brother he could slap me because he warned me.:eek: But I'm so happy with it. :D

It's the perfect companion to my iMac!

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Nice choice.

The MBA is a great second computer to the iMac. I want one so bad but I'm waiting on the second release (that and I'm broke at the moment).

I'm expecting an iMac for a graduation gift so my mind is about to explode just thinking of the two machines together in the future. I don't know what I'm going to do with my current machine once I get them.

Congrats on the purchase. If you can, post pictures of your setup here when you get it all together.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
have you tried watching youtube for 10-15 minutes? have you experienced any stuttering with your new mba. please report to us. thanks.

The Awesome

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
Philippines
Good for you! I'm especially happy that another guy is saying that the MBA is fast enough for them. Even though I'm going to get an MBP (I need that GPU, I'm sure) I'm so happy you're not one of those prejudicial GHz-newbies who base everything on pure numbers (a cunning ploy set up by Intel since the NetBurst days) then proceed on bashing the MBA without even trying it. :D

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i used to have MBA and MBP penryn 2.4ghz. before i sold the MBP, mba is totally slow compared to that. but since i really need the portability of the macbook air, i sold the mbp. and now the only notebook i have is mba and this thing is not slow as it was used to be when i had the MBP around.

weird heh.

Nagooya

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Good for you! I'm especially happy that another guy is saying that the MBA is fast enough for them. Even though I'm going to get an MBP (I need that GPU, I'm sure) I'm so happy you're not one of those prejudicial GHz-newbies who base everything on pure numbers (a cunning ploy set up by Intel since the NetBurst days) then proceed on bashing the MBA without even trying it. :D

Yeah, it's ridiculous how people complain about how it is "slow." When in reality, it is perfect for what I need it to be/what I use it for. My iMac can handle all the fast paced stuff I need to take care of, yet my MBA is perfect for taking to school.

Also, everyone keeps asking me how it is so small! I think it's hilarious. :D

Love the new MBA! But what is this about stuttering on YouTube?

dcMobile

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
NYC
Your story (OP) sounds like mine. I had a PowerBook G4 1.67, and I wanted to sell it before the new MBP's come out (to make sure I could get a fair price, especially since I crammed 250 GB into it and maxxed out the RAM).

That was my first mac, and I got it 3 1/2 years ago. Now I work full-time as a tech consultant and sysadmin, 90% of which is with Macs. (I think it speaks volumes to the OS by the way that before my AppleCare expired, I was able to intuit my way to the level that I did.)

The Air has blown me away. It's certainly an exercise in adaptability for a person in my position to deal with the connectivity issues (physical ports), but that's what AFP and NetBoot etc. are all about. The Air has actually forced me to expand my knowledge as a result of its limitations. There's more than one way to skin an Apple. Plus, since most of my job involves Apple Remote Desktop, Office, and the internet, the Air suites my needs as far as power goes.

Perhaps it's because I've come from a PPC 1.67 machine, but I think the Air is great. Even though I've got a week 2 machine (which I got for a steal on CL), I don't have heat issues... but I'll probably get it swapped out for a new one at the same time that I buy AppleCare as the case is warped and I've got some pretty noticeable deviations in backlighting.

BUT... I love the Air! And I'm glad to have been devouring all the threads I can in this section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.