Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
My app updated last night and when I went to go look on iTunes it has me on page 12 of iTunes productivity page and lists my update date as July 6th (the date I originally submitted my app). Anyone ever see this happen before?

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
yes. don't worry, apple screws up the "release date" of updated apps all the time. it really confuses me when i try to update my apps. now i just check the version number.

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Same problem here.. Bit annoying as being at the top of the list usually gives sales a significant boost.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Thanks for the replies. Good to know that at least I'm not alone. What really really blows is that this moved me from page 2 to 12. I sent an email to devprograms because as Pring says, this is going to significantly affect sales.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Something like this happens to one of my apps every time it is updated. All I have needed to do to fix it is change the release date in iTunes connect to the current day, and a short time later the app will have the correct date. Just make sure you don't change the date to one in the future, or the app might disappear until then.

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Something like this happens to one of my apps every time it is updated. All I have needed to do to fix it is change the release date in iTunes connect to the current day, and a short time later the app will have the correct date. Just make sure you don't change the date to one in the future, or the app might disappear until then.

I can confirm that this fixed it for me. Thanks! Was really bad timing but now I'm listed as the very first entry in Utilities ;)

Mose9634

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Well, thanks to this thread the release date for [app]Voyeur[/app] (shameless plug) has been updated to yesterday, when version 1.01 was released.

Of course, the Entertainment listing sorted by release date hasn't been updated in a while so no change there, but at least my date is correct. Hooray!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.