Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parkside23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
I bought a brand new G5 today and someone at the factory loaded it with 10.2.7 instead of 10.3. i thought this to be odd especially since it had iLife '04 in the box.

parkside23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
I called them and they were very apoligetic and gave me the upgrade disks for panther. I just finised reformting and installing panther. I felt so jiped when i took it out of its box and set it up yesterday. I was like what the hell is this crap. I wanted panther out of the box. Oh well they maid it better.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by parkside23
I called them and they were very apoligetic and gave me the upgrade disks for panther. I just finised reformting and installing panther. I felt so jiped when i took it out of its box and set it up yesterday. I was like what the hell is this crap. I wanted panther out of the box. Oh well they maid it better.

Well, they at least admitted there was a mistake and fixed it. They're only human, and anyone can mess up. Don't be too hard on them.;)

Of course, if the same had happened with MY G5, I might have gone ballistic!:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.