PDA

View Full Version : MikeRoweSoft.com gets a pretty good deal, especially since ...

MacBytes
Jan 24, 2004, 12:39 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: MikeRoweSoft.com gets a pretty good deal, especially since "All along I just wanted to prove a point". (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040124133908)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mr. Anderson
Jan 24, 2004, 12:43 PM
Well, that a fair sight better than the $10 they initially offered him. He should take the offer if he's smart.

Have to say, though, they should have at least thrown in a new computer in the deal :D

D

zapp
Jan 24, 2004, 01:38 PM
Yahoo article...

Microsoft initially took a hard line against the Canadian teenager, offering to pay him only $10 for the incidental cost of giving up his site instead of the $10,000 that he had he demanded.

CNN Article...

He wrote back asking to be compensated for giving up his name. Microsoft's lawyers offered him $10 in U.S. funds. Then he asked for $10,000.

1st article spins it like Mike had demanded MS pay him $10,000 and MS counteroffered $10. Second article MS offered $10 and Mike counteroffered $10,000. First one makes him look like a profiteer, the second like someone MS was squashing like a bug, and he tried to fight back. Why can't journalists write it like it is instead of spinning everything. And mixing the order of everything up. Then hiding behind words. I just want the facts is anybody out there that can do that?????

Nermal
Jan 24, 2004, 03:09 PM
My thoughts too. As soon as I saw that word "demanded", I thought "that's a very strong word considering what happened".

mrdeep
Jan 24, 2004, 04:15 PM
he should have tried to get them to buy him a mac rather than all that msCrap

slipper
Jan 24, 2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Have to say, though, they should have at least thrown in a new computer in the deal :D

D no deal unless they make the computer an apple.

keep fighting mike!!!!!!!!

nagromme
Jan 24, 2004, 04:45 PM
Right, he didn't ask for any money until AFTER M$ offered $10.

(Why would they do that? What childish silliness. And yes, I consider M$ to be childish in this, and not the... child.)

latergator116
Jan 24, 2004, 04:46 PM
I have to admit, they were pretty generous though.:)

Sabenth
Jan 24, 2004, 09:09 PM
Seems both partys have agreed and the news just wants its typical spin on this.

Hmm pc maybe dont see why it would have to be a Mac sorry guys :( my bad i mean if Ms want to offer MS traning and trips to there hq ..

MrMacMan
Jan 24, 2004, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't of settled for any frikken deal.

Boo For him, really.

Why did Mike settle?

He has the right for a similar sounding software site...

I'll make 'microwsoft.com' and then I can get a nice settlement... pfft.

Marble
Jan 25, 2004, 02:28 AM
I thought this guy was genuinely commenting on Microsoft's policy. His settlement is too bad.

redAPPLE
Jan 25, 2004, 02:49 AM
i agree. settling for a subscription and an xbox was not a really good deal.

i, though, do not know how much all that stuff he got, cost.

i would have settled for stuff that amounted t $ 10 000 :D

what if i am a writer and i have this site "emesword.com"

am i entitled to an xbox too?

wdlove
Jan 25, 2004, 02:12 PM
I think that Mike Rowe did very well for himself. It was best to settle. Fighting with such a large corporation would be a no win situation.