PDA

View Full Version : Apple pulls a prank?

tpjunkie
Jan 24, 2004, 02:29 PM
On apple's site they now have links to view the "1984" superbowl ad. I was watching and then I had to hit pause, because it looks like the hammer thrower is wearing an ipod! Is this some digital manipulation, or a weird coincidence (some kind of walkman?)? Here's a frame grab, but don't take my word for it, the video's available on apple's site

EDIT: This is definitely a cool little joke from apple. And its definitely an iPod

coopdog
Jan 24, 2004, 02:32 PM
I hope your kidding. This has been all over the macrumors and the net. And yes it is a Sony Walkman. :p

tpjunkie
Jan 24, 2004, 02:34 PM
Wow, I guess I've been outta the loop...

Mr. Anderson
Jan 24, 2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tpjunkie
Wow, I guess I've been outta the loop...

that or you just came off your binge drinking and sobered up enough to notice it :D

It has been around for quite some time ;)

D

tpjunkie
Jan 24, 2004, 02:57 PM
Heh, I wondered when someone would bring up the drinking

agreenster
Jan 24, 2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I remember noticing this when they re-released the ad.

The iPod looks too big, but that probably has more to do with painting the old walkman out, which is bigger than the iPod.

pseudobrit
Jan 24, 2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by agreenster

The iPod looks too big, but that probably has more to do with painting the old walkman out, which is bigger than the iPod.

Maybe she's a really small woman. :)

eyelikeart
Jan 24, 2004, 05:09 PM
I wonder how she got those earbuds to stay put while she was running around with that hammer? ;)

wdlove
Jan 24, 2004, 07:17 PM

I noticed the iPod live via satellite at my local Apple Store. Steve said that, "we just couldn't resist."

eyelikeart I thought that the earbuds were made substantial enough that they would stay in your ear.;)

encro
Jan 25, 2004, 08:30 AM
On apple's site they now have links to view the "1984" superbowl ad. I was watching and then I had to hit pause, because it looks like the hammer thrower is wearing an ipod! Is this some digital manipulation, or a weird coincidence (some kind of walkman?)?

20th Anniversary Edition. Played at MWSF'04

kettle
Jan 25, 2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
Maybe she's a really small woman. :)

actually she's a very big lady, that was a prototype they were working on in '84, the problem was "iTune" wasn't as catchy as the now ever so famous iTunes and iPod combo.

Macmaniac
Jan 25, 2004, 11:01 AM
Whoa I noticed that on the day of MWSF, have u been asleep?
LOL we all have our off days.

tpjunkie
Jan 25, 2004, 12:53 PM
I figured it out, MWSF was my first day back at college, I was busy at as hell and missed it, so later that night I just came back and skimmed the overview.

wdlove
Jan 25, 2004, 07:47 PM
I figured it out, MWSF was my first day back at college, I was busy at as hell and missed it, so later that night I just came back and skimmed the overview.

No problem tpjunkie. I can fully understand your situation. Were you sober at the time?:p

gwuMACaddict
Jan 25, 2004, 08:09 PM
jeeeeeeez tp... they make you out to sound like a full on raging alchy! :(

zarathustra
Jan 25, 2004, 08:15 PM

OK, I went back and looked at the original 1984 ad and she does not have anything on her - so I don't know why people keep saying that there was a walkman on her waist.

BTW, yes, good eye catching the iPod. [/sarcasm] ;)

tpjunkie
Jan 25, 2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by gwuMACaddict

Well, they know me from my numerous postings in the "have u ever been drunk" thread...I'm a bit of a regular ;)

rainman::|:|
Jan 25, 2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gwuMACaddict

at macrumors, we don't discriminate against raging alcoholics. otherwise, some of our best posters would be gone.

paul

tpjunkie
Jan 25, 2004, 10:13 PM
speaking of which, haven't seen you at the drunke thread in a while paul...unlike a bar, its always open.

Steradian
Jan 26, 2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
some of our best posters would be gone.

paul

You mean ALL of the best posters would be gone ;) :D