PDA

View Full Version : I got a replacement MacBook yesterday.

cheeseadiddle
Sep 30, 2008, 10:19 AM
Since buying my late 2007 MacBook in early November last year, it's had the following repairs:

Optical Drive, Keyboard/Top Case/Logic Board
Optical Drive [Repair Depot]
Top Case [cracked]
Random Program Freezing [unable to duplicate by geniuses]/Display [large spot on bottom edge]
Optical Drive [was non functional when I brought it home from the Random Program Freezing/Display problem]

I tried to make a good case for having it replaced under the lemon rule when I took it in for the freezing/display problem, but the manager wouldn't budge. That was last week. So when I took it in yesterday for yet another optical drive, I went straight to the manager [a different one] and told them I wanted it replaced. They had a genius confirm that the drive would 't work, and ok'd the deal. I had to wait about an hour while they presumably got reimbursement authorization, but I walked out with a new MacBook and three whole years of Apple Care.

My faith has been restored.

alphaod
Sep 30, 2008, 10:47 AM
Congrats?

Palliser
Sep 30, 2008, 11:07 AM
Congrats?

Lol... my thoughts exactly.

cheeseadiddle
Sep 30, 2008, 11:09 AM
Well, I'd like to believe I just got one from a really bad batch, and this one will be better. I can dream, can't I?

unixfool
Sep 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
Well, I'd like to believe I just got one from a really bad batch, and this one will be better. I can dream, can't I?

I don't know why you'd think otherwise, since there are plenty of posts showing people happy with their Mac purchases.

Sometimes crap happens.

cheeseadiddle
Sep 30, 2008, 11:24 AM
I don't know why you'd think otherwise, since there are plenty of posts showing people happy with their Mac purchases.

Sometimes crap happens.

Yes it does. I've never had a lick of trouble with the iMacs. We sold the 20", but the freezing problem was fixed through updates. The 24" has been rock solid. Both our iPhones have been replaced. One for a battery issue and the other for continually dropping calls [the other didn't in the same locations.] The iPhones I suppose have been par for the course and I didn't get any grief at all about getting them replaced. This MacBook however was a pain in the ass. We have been planning on buying another, probably around December, and I was seriously thinking of killing that idea. But if this one holds on for a couple months without issue, I'll get another one. Besides, they started the Apple Care over when they gave us this one.