PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Question!

Macmaniac
Jan 24, 2004, 09:24 PM
I have been trying to find the information about the processor number that is used on people who are above 500 posts. I know it stands for Motorola processors used on Macs, but what is the number of posts needed for the next processor number, a list would be nice.
I just hit 68000, a nice round number;)

job
Jan 24, 2004, 11:54 PM
as old skool as you are, i though you would already know... :p ;)

just read the FAQ:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37092

whocares
Jan 24, 2004, 11:56 PM
Yeah, but it fails to say how many posts you need to be a PPC970 :p

Macmaniac
Jan 25, 2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by job
as old skool as you are, i though you would already know... :p ;)

just read the FAQ:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37092
Thanks, I was reading the WRONG FAQ!!!! DAM!

Being Old Skool also means you become senile from time to time.
:p :rolleyes:

Sun Baked
Jan 25, 2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
I have been trying to find the information about the processor number that is used on people who are above 500 posts. I know it stands for Motorola processors used on Macs, but what is the number of posts needed for the next processor number, a list would be nice.
I just hit 68000, a nice round number;) See this is how you know somebody is a clueless youngster born after the 1984 introduction of Macs...

Because they think that a 6502 is a Mac processor :p , when Macs didn't exist at the end of the 1970s -- it's a Apple ][ processor. ;)

Yes, Macmaniac...

Apple really did build a computer without a GUI, schocking as the though of a CLI is.

Of course we'd probably kill the poor guy if we talk about the world before MTV and cable television.

Macmaniac
Jan 25, 2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
See this is how you know somebody is a clueless youngster born after the 1984 introduction of Macs...

Because they think that a 6502 is a Mac processor :p , when Macs didn't exist at the end of the 1970s -- it's a Apple ][ processor. ;)

Yes, Macmaniac...

Apple really did build a computer without a GUI, schocking as the though of a CLI is.

Of course we'd probably kill the poor guy if we talk about the world before MTV and cable television.

Ok I'm sorry I was born in 86', when I said I wanted Mac processor names, I did not mean Just the Macintosh line, I meant from the Apple I onward, I know that there were Apple computers before the Macintosh line, I was just quickly asking a question without thinking, thanks for correcting me:D

Mr. Anderson
Jan 25, 2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by whocares
Yeah, but it fails to say how many posts you need to be a PPC970 :p

only arn knows that one :D

And we'll have a long way to go before we find out...

D

job
Jan 25, 2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked

blasphemer!

there has always been MTV and cable! anything contrary is merely old people propaganda!

;) :p