Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
J

Jacquesmc12

Original poster
Hi
i have the original in ear headphones from apple
and I'm looking to replace them. I would like to get a new pair that has the following criteria, can anyone make any suggestions
1. fits the recessed headphone jack
2. microphone and pause play button
3. Great sound quality
4. noise canceling
5. under $150

MBAir

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
Got a Shure SE530PTH here.

If you don't mind forking out some serious cash, I'd definitely recommend them!

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Do these work with the recessed head phone jack?

The Shure MPA is the best converter for the recessed jack. If you look back in this part of the forum you can find a post I made showing how it doesn't add any length to the cable making it ideal for use. The microphone is the highest quality available as are most Shure products.
Got a Shure SE530PTH here.

If you don't mind forking out some serious cash, I'd definitely recommend them!
Pretty sure the SE530s (let alone the PTH) are out of the OPs budget. However I absolutely love mine and there is no way I could go back to anythingelse.

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
I have the Shure SE210's with the adapter and they're really fantastic. I had originally bought the SE110's but was not pleased with them at all. Luckily a few days later I found the 210's for the same price so I bought them and returned the first ones. I'm very pleased and they would be in your range. Not bass heavy but true sounding.
Mick

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
V-Moda Vibe Duo meets all your criteria save the noise-canceling - however they are earbuds so they are noise-isolating. I don't know what they cost in the US, but they were £65 in the UK, which is about $120, so about the right price point too. Good quality, nice design, awesome sound.

prim2

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2008
I'm enjoying my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4vi earphones. The re-designed pause/play button is easy to use and the sound is as nice as I've heard. $119

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I have the Shure SE210's with the adapter and they're really fantastic. I had originally bought the SE110's but was not pleased with them at all. Luckily a few days later I found the 210's for the same price so I bought them and returned the first ones. I'm very pleased and they would be in your range. Not bass heavy but true sounding.
Mick

Yeah the 110s are not a good investment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.