Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Me! I miss them too!

So how can we bring them back, if the case is that whichever forum god/mod was doing them just didn't have the time/interest/energy? Should we brainstorm ideas and form them into some polls for the first few challenges and then discuss the finite details? Maybe appoint a couple-three volunteers to each challenge to set it up for public involvement? I mean, PS tennis activities and interactive threads both on MR and elsewhere on the web can sometimes get to hundreds of participants, so we should be aware that there might be a large amount of response...

Thanks for this thread btw!

macfearless

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I completely agree. PS tennis, lightboxing, whatever... let's just get some more design work up here!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Shall we do another one to entertain us over Xmas?

Some people PMed me some suggestions a while back which I need to look at and I've got a couple of ideas of my own based on the kind of student exercises we used to do which put emphasis on creativity over technical skills, making them accessible to all, regardless of which apps people use...

For those who missed them, we had two earlier this year.

Design & Graphics Forum Activity 1: User Name
Design & Graphics Forum Activity 2: Your Debut Album

:)

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Looks like fun! The user name logo was a good idea --- good old basic design.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Looks like fun! The user name logo was a good idea --- good old basic design.

That's why I asked people at the time to post their artwork as attachments, so that when people look back on the threads, they're not faced with a bunch of dead hosted links. :)

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I'm interested! I'm sure that in the past year+ or so since the last activity I've improved in my design abilities.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Count me in....

I have added my quick effort to the username activity thread in an effort to revive it but i think al who care may have already posted theirs...

...soon to add to the debut album thread.

Bring on more please... they are a great way to design without constraint but still have a purpose, something i know a lot of designers find very little time for... let keep it going!

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
How about a magazine cover for a fake MacRumors mag?

Create a MacRumors masthead and pick a story from MacRumors and make it the main story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.