Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Neverputt is up, though I can't download it because I can only find it on iTunes. 7 courses, $.99, even they didn't completely botch it this is going to be an AMAZING deal.

For people who don't know, on the PC it's a freeware minigolf game, check it out.

http://appshopper.com/link/neverputt-me

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Nice find! It is downloading now straight to my iPhone over 3G, the screenshots look rather jagged but that could just be the screenshots so for 99c I'm willing to take a leap of faith especially as the mini golf game on my old Sony Ericcson was one of my favorite mobile games ever, will post back here with my initial impressions once AT&T's slowG gets the 5mb down to me.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Downloaded... The graphics actually look quite nice on the iPhone itself, but there is no sound, it doesn't resume games if you exit the app & come back in and the courses are just floating with just variations of slopes, corners, gaps etc so there is nothing like windmills or anything like that so the game is focused mainly on the physics aspect more than anything. On first try it also seemed extremely hard to get the ball into the hole, which was rather frustrating.

All in all it is a nice implementation of the physics involved in mini golf but needs more added to the actual game part especially the save/resume to be an actual good game.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Good start...

It's a good start, but it does have a long way to come. Sound yah, but there is no zooming. Also, it would be nice if power was a static bar on the side, as of right now, you can go up and down on the screen and it messes with power. As I move left and right the power always moves, I always have to line up first...

If this game had internet play it would be a KILLER app. I look forward to their next version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.