Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
i have a new 17 inch mbp 2.6 led screen, and i think there is something off with the coloring in wow, with my mbp my brightness seems to be to high. Everything has a sort of blueish tint to it.

In the video options menu, there is an option you can check to have your brightness use your desktop gamma, and i have it unchecked.

Does anybody else think that when your "use desktop gamma is unchecked" that wow appears a little to bright on their mbp, and by bright i mean almost faded, and this is with the slider at medium for brightness.

also i cant really see all the bars in the brightness slider, the brightest bars are kind of bled out. Even if i bring the slider down i still can't make the last 2 out that well.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Go into system pref -> Display -> Color

What is your color profile set to?

Does your screens color look normal outside of WoW?

DOes your screen only have 'wierd color' when using WoW?

Are you in window mode?

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
i have a new 17 inch mbp 2.6 led screen, and i think there is something off with the coloring in wow, with my mbp my brightness seems to be to high. Everything has a sort of blueish tint to it.

In the video options menu, there is an option you can check to have your brightness use your desktop gamma, and i have it unchecked.

i just did a quick check on my mbp at work and yes when the gamma is unchecked it turns blueish, and a bit fadded looking but that might be from the blue tint. i only did a quick second to do it so i could not get indepth. but yes it's bluey.

Echinda

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2003
I use the MBP in my sig to play WoW all the time. No issues here. Sorry I can't help.

madmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
ill try to later when i get home, but yeah i feel like the screen gets to dark and yellow if i use the laptops gamma, and if i leave it unchecked its a little blue.

also besides the built in screen calibrator, where else can i buy or download and easy but good screen calibrator?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.