Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rotten-Apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
Hello guys! I'm new on this forum.

I want to make some kind of poll or smth. If I'm posting in the wrong thread please forward me to the right one.

The question is...
Do you need a talking phrasebook + services on your iPhone?
The application is called Speereo Voice Translator and is currently available for Symbian, Windows Mobile & Java.

SpeereoVoiceTranslatorWM4.0.gif

Short Description of the application:
Multilanguage version of Speereo Voice Translator for business communication and traveling, is an innovative talking phrasebook that provides translation between 16 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Turkish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, formal Arabic, Finnish, Polish, Danish.

It is able to recognize spoken word in english and say the translation in reply.

Additional services include:
- Online Flight Timetable and Flight Status.
- Online World Weather
- Travel Guides
- Size & Measure Converter.

More info on http://www.speereo.com

THE QUESTION is do you have similar programs available 4 iPhone, what do you like in them and what can be improved?

Sand'

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
Did you recieve any answers somewhere?

Hello, I'm a French marketing student, and I try to know if an application close to the Speereo one already exists for iphone! I'm not sure about what I fount on the web, it's a little bit confused, so if you have any informations to give me about it, don't hesitate!
Thanks

speechtrans

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Hello, I'm a French marketing student, and I try to know if an application close to the Speereo one already exists for iphone! I'm not sure about what I fount on the web, it's a little bit confused, so if you have any informations to give me about it, don't hesitate!
Thanks

Hi, for full speech to speech translation dictation, not jut phrases for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, iPad, please go to http://www.speechtrans.com. The accuracy is 95% better than all the rest.

lovesbmw

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Sakhr is a translation company with big clients like the U.S. Department of Defense and Homeland Security. They specialize in English/Arabic translation, and this demo of their iPhone/Blackberry app (not publicly available) looks like the Holy Grail of translation software.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
What about iTranslator? It is only $2 for each language. One caveat is it's text to speech but you can use Dragon and copy/paste so that it's speech to speech. IS this a good translator App?

jeffers1

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
Trippo Voice Translator

There's also Trippo Voice Translator PLus. Speech Recognition by Nuance (same as Dragon) and text-t-speech also from Nuance. Full blown speech to speech translator for at least 20 languages.

Tried it and works great (at least French and Spanish).Can't say anything about Japanese, Chinese, Urdu, Italian etc. but seems to work great and is really cheap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.