Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I just wanted to proclaim my excitement that I have just bought a new 24in 3.06ghz iMac. The only option was bumping the 500Gb HD to 750Gb. I'm psyched! This is my second mac, before I had a MacBook Air. I think the two will be beautiful together.

I plan on having be a general consumer workhorse: downloading, re-encoding video, internet, itunes, etc, as well as some windows gaming through bootcamp.

Is there anything I should watch out for or be even more excited about?

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
I just wanted to proclaim my excitement that I have just bought a new 24in 3.06ghz iMac. The only option was bumping the 500Gb HD to 750Gb. I'm psyched! This is my second mac, before I had a MacBook Air. I think the two will be beautiful together.

I plan on having be a general consumer workhorse: downloading, re-encoding video, internet, itunes, etc, as well as some windows gaming through bootcamp.

Is there anything I should watch out for or be even more excited about?

HAHAHA congratulations on your new iMac, the only other thing I would say you should look into getting would be maxing out the ram. I would recommend doing that through Newegg and getting Patriot ram, its the only ram I buy and I have used it in 4 Macs and 2 Dells, and its never given me any problems!!!

-iGrant

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
HAHAHA congratulations on your new iMac, the only other thing I would say you should look into getting would be maxing out the ram. I would recommend doing that through Newegg and getting Patriot ram, its the only ram I buy and I have used it in 4 Macs and 2 Dells, and its never given me any problems!!!

-iGrant

thanks, that is definitely on the to do list

*Edit* I should have just added this post to the end of the similar post on this page. Sorry about that!

Detektiv-Pinky

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Berlin, Germany
8 Gb RAM

-iGrant

There is this thread over in the MBP Forum, where people report their success in installing 8 Gb RAM in the MBP.

Has anybody tried this out on an iMac?

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
There is this thread over in the MBP Forum, where people report their success in installing 8 Gb RAM in the MBP.

Has anybody tried this out on an iMac?

Your kidding, can you post the link to that thread, I have never heard of 8gb in a Macbook Pro:eek:!

-iGrant

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA

-iGrant

Is there some advantage over Patriot RAM?

I ordered cheap RAM from Crucial and it's working perfectly. I've used Crucial for all my memory upgrades and never had a problem with them.

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
Is there some advantage over Patriot RAM?

I ordered cheap RAM from Crucial and it's working perfectly. I've used Crucial for all my memory upgrades and never had a problem with them.

I just like Patriot, I got bad ram from Crucial a few years back and have never tried using them since. They refunded my money, but I just never tried them again.

-iGrant

George Carlin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
America
Ram upgrade for my new 3.06

I have a new Imac 3.06 with 2gb ram and I am going to upgrade. Which one of the memory co's will buy my old simms ? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.