Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yarjarrar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
California
Hi, I play Bioshock using boot camp, and whenever I take a picture with the research camera, it has a delay for about five seconds. And this is not very fun having to wait five seconds after every single picture I take. Can you please help me fix this!?!?

Kosh66

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Have you checked the FAQ of the developer/publisher's site? Are you running something in the background?

I never had any problems with the camera in Bioshock on the Xbox 360, but doesn't it basically leave normal play for 3-5 seconds, which is normal. Ie, you take a picture, it clicks and then shows it to you and you have to hit a button before you do get back to normal play, which is normal. Ie. is the Pc version different?

Man, these kids with Attention Deficit Disorder thse days, can't wait for anything... why, in my day we had to wait minutes for Macs to boot up and minnutes for games to load... :p

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Two problems here. Totally wrong forum. Even the windows on a mac forum isn't really appropriate for this. Something like this goes on a forum dedicated to BioShock like a forum on a site like ign.com (i'm sure they have a bioshock section there) or, even better, on the game publisher's website.

Second thing is that you need to be a little bit more specific about the problem. You click the mouse, then wait five seconds, and then it takes the picture? Or do you click the mouse, then it takes the picture, then the game freezes for 5 seconds....
or do you take the picture and then you see the picture come up on the screen but you can't do anything for 5 seconds.....

If i remember correctly, when I played the game in bootcamp I would click the mouse and it would take the picture immediately, then the game would hang for about half a second while it loaded the picture, and then it would show me the picture I took for a couple of seconds.

Now, you're not a horrible person or anything just for posting this in the wrong forum, but it bothers a lot of people :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.