PDA

View Full Version : Alpha's new 'tar

teabgs
May 29, 2002, 10:51 PM
Ok, I dont know if its been mentioned yet, and if so, sorry for the thread....

Anyway, wow! he's had the old tar ever since I first started coming here whereas everyone else has changed.....except eye.

Now I have to relearn what tar is Alpha....confusing...

One questions though.....what is it?: :confused:

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by teabgs

One questions though.....what is it?: :confused:

it's the motor to his Hog...

he he he....I already talked to him... ;)

teabgs
May 29, 2002, 10:55 PM
ah.......Well that makes sense now...:D

Macrumors has made me decide to get a hog one day.....hehe

No really, I want one now...just to see what its like....

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:05 PM
Anyway, wow! he's had the old tar ever since I first started coming here whereas everyone else has changed.....except eye.

he he he...I'm hoping to change it soon though...but it'll be on the same "eye" wavelength... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 11:18 PM
yes, when will I be seeing those pics? Have you even taken them yet?

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
yes, when will I be seeing those pics? Have you even taken them yet?

soon...my friend Heidi has been "busy"....but like I said the other night...I'm sure u won't miss the extra things to do...he he he ;)

but soon I promise...I'd like to get it done during the avatar contest just for ****** & giggles...:D

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

but soon I promise...I'd like to get it done during the avatar contest just for ****** & giggles...:D

You going to submit it under a different name? Ha. I was thinking of changing mine as well. But I haven't had too much time to do that, I've still got a few other people waiting. I'll end up doing theirs first before I do my own.

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:31 PM
You going to submit it under a different name?

nah...going with it under my own name...just going to put the disclaimer in my post that it's not eligible...

besides...u checked into it and we cannot create a second membership....

but now that I'm thinking about it....jefhatfield did it...so why couldn't we?

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 11:33 PM
ah.......Well that makes sense now...:D

Macrumors has made me decide to get a hog one day.....hehe

No really, I want one now...just to see what its like....

That is one of the best reasons to get one... Just make sure you take one of the riding classes so that you don't dump your new ride.

Yes, that is the engine from my Harley. It's the latest version of the V-twin, the twin cam 88B 1450cc's of pure power. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 11:36 PM

besides...u checked into it and we cannot create a second membership....

but now that I'm thinking about it....jefhatfield did it...so why couldn't we?

Well, you could, but it would be in violation of the membership agreement whichis grounds for getting banned. Not worth it. Besides, everyone would know it was yours anyway.....

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 11:39 PM
Hey eye, how about making your tar blink??? :D

I have another tar that I created in Imageready, but can't seem to get it into a format that will swing here. I did a fade type effect with it using the frames but need to figure out how to get that to work when it's posted.

Hey Duke, can we post up .mov files for tars??? :D I have one of the 88B rotating that would be cool... Harley on the mind, and between my legs (when riding of course). :D

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:39 PM

Well, you could, but it would be in violation of the membership agreement whichis grounds for getting banned. Not worth it. Besides, everyone would know it was yours anyway.....

yeah...who else around here would be sporting an eye avatar...he he he;)

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Hey eye, how about making your tar blink??? :D

Bingo...

that's what we're going to do... :D

it's gonna be damned cool...as soon as I get some pictures taken...

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 11:44 PM
coolness... here's another image... I am going to try and get the thing to spin, since I have a .mov file of it doing so.

krossfyter
May 29, 2002, 11:45 PM
awsome eyelikeart...cant wait to see the new avatar. im sure it will be cool.

ive never actually said this but congrats to you and duke for becoming moderators. its good to know that some cool folks are on the top here at macrumors.

:D

krossfyter
May 29, 2002, 11:48 PM
thats hellacool alpha tech. at first though i thought it was a cyborg demon type of head....trippy to find out that its a harley motor. something to be said about that association...heh.

:)

D0ct0rteeth
May 29, 2002, 11:49 PM
import the .mov into flash.. the export it as an animated gif

C-

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
ive never actually said this but congrats to you and duke for becoming moderators. its good to know that some cool folks are on the top here at macrumors.

:D

don't forget AmbitiousLemon...he's on the boards too...

but thank u for the recognition...nice to be acknowledged...he he he :D

teabgs
May 29, 2002, 11:50 PM
Alpha

I'll definately take the course so I dont ***** up my ride...plus it'd get me a liceanse, right?

Though I'm afriad it'll have to wait a few years till i'm out of school and paid off a lot of my loans, and I don't live in a city so that I can justify a vehicle as a luxury item...

krossfyter
May 29, 2002, 11:51 PM

don't forget AmbitiousLemon...he's on the boards too...

but thank u for the recognition...nice to be acknowledged...he he he :D

oh okay man...he is a mod to...cool.

rock on to all you all!

dig it.

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth

C-

Minor problem... I don't have a copy of flash... damn... I might be able to finagle a copy from work, but not sure. Would Shockwave work too??? I am not talking about the player version but the full bore. Granted it's not the OS X native one, so I will have to boot classic to do it (grumble).

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:54 PM
oh okay man...he is a mod to...cool.

rock on to all you all!

he he he...

so krossfyter...u think u might make it out here in July??

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 11:55 PM
teabgs, it will also give you a break on the insurance. I know, since it has for me ever since I took the class in 96... I was riding before that, and on my first motorcycle to boot. Had a friend that I used to shoot with teach me the basics so that I would be able to ride to the class. I was living in Flordia (hell) at the time, which gives you a long riding season. I put 11,000 mile on the motorcycle in my first year alone. I moved back up to MA after that first year, and haven't been able to put that many miles on one since (in a one year span).

D0ct0rteeth
May 30, 2002, 12:00 AM
havent used director in a while; but from what I remember Director doesn't actually import movies into the cast; it just links to them. While flash actually imports them.

A lesser man would tell you to pirate a version of flash... I will suggest the higher road... :)

Try imageready... it may do it.. if not email me the file and I will see if I can pull it off in flash. Your advice has saved my nuts on more than one occasion.

Peace my fellow new englander.

d0ct0rteeth@mac.com

C-

krossfyter
May 30, 2002, 01:18 AM

he he he...

so krossfyter...u think u might make it out here in July??

i hope so.

i really want to hang with the macrumors family.

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 07:07 AM

Thanks krosfyter:D

So I have to ask about your tar?

Thumbs up Jesus? Is it one of your own or did you get it somewhere, very cool either way:cool:

teabgs
May 30, 2002, 08:29 AM

Thanks krosfyter:D

So I have to ask about your tar?

Thumbs up Jesus? Is it one of your own or did you get it somewhere, very cool either way:cool:

Ah man duke! you don't know buddy jesus?

You gotta get w/ tha times old man! :p

hehehe...I thought I was jello there....anyway, go watch Dogma man. You'll know and be entertained at the same time. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 08:42 AM

Ah man duke! you don't know buddy jesus?

You gotta get w/ tha times old man! :p

hehehe...I thought I was jello there....anyway, go watch Dogma man. You'll know and be entertained at the same time. :D

Buddy Jesus, yes, that's what it is! I remember it (and I've seen Dogma twice now) but I couldn't remember what he was called, thanks for correcting me.

Got to love Alanis as God - that and the fact Jesus was black......

cleo
May 30, 2002, 09:10 AM
Rock on, kross!

That just made my day. :D I might have to go watch Dogma now...

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by cleo
Rock on, kross!

That just made my day. :D I might have to go watch Dogma now...

krossfyter's always got the goods with his avatars....

especially the Samuel L. Jackson...he he he :D

I only saw Dogma once...was kinda dark I remember...but funny as hell in some spots...but to be honest, it's me least favorite of Kevin Smith's work...

agreenster
May 30, 2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth

C-

This is HORRIBLE advice! Import the .mov into ImageReady, and you will HARDLY lose any quality. Flash would be a 3rd, and unuseful step. Flash .gif exports look like *****

agreenster
May 30, 2002, 09:40 AM
ImageReady is basically Photoshop that is specifically tailored for exporting images to the web. Actually, it typically comes with photoshop, so if you have photoshop, you probably have imageready. (I think)

Alpha, if you want some help making it, shoot it my way. I can get ya a nice animated gif from a quicktime movie in about 30 seconds. Its what I made my avatar with....