Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
In iPhoto I can just drag them around in the sidebar to re-order. This doesn't appear to be an option in Aperture. Does anyone know of a way to re-arrange them? Not photos within an album, but re-arrange albums within a gallery.

When I log into the Web app, I seem to be able to drag to re-order, but I can't figure out how to make it stick. That is, it doesn't stay that way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jan 30, 2006
It can't be done. Or so many Apple employees have told me. I've talked with MobileMe and Aperture support and none could tell me a solution for this problem.

I'm desperate for Apple to release another update to Aperture and see if they include an option to order by date. My Web Gallery is getting out of control.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
That blows. :(

If you're desperate about it, though, you could always use iPhoto, even if you're starting with a naked gallery. Just use iPhoto to download them via the gallery (sync) and then re-order in iPhoto. Not what any of us want to do, but...

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
That blows. :(

If you're desperate about it, though, you could always use iPhoto, even if you're starting with a naked gallery. Just use iPhoto to download them via the gallery (sync) and then re-order in iPhoto. Not what any of us want to do, but...

Exactly. I use Aperture for all my photo needs. But when it comes to my Web Galleries, I export the images from Aperture and dump them into iPhoto. So the only photos that are in iPhoto are the ones in my Web Galleries. So in a sense, I treat iPhoto as a stand-alone application for managing my web galleries.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Go

since they are sorted alphabetically, I have resorted to a numbered naming method...

01. First Album
02. Second Album
03. etc.

Not great, but it works.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
It works, but it's funky. Often, when I add a new album, it automatically goes to the top of the list, even though I want it at the bottom. If I rename it to something else, then rename it again, it usually works. Sometimes I have to rename things around it. It's a pain, no doubt, but it does eventually work.

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
I had that happen once I think maybe twice. The only fix I had found for it was actually logging into the web app. I do hope we see the controls put into Aperture that is in iPhoto as I use the galleries extensively.

Kevin :apple:

otic-capsule

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
same problem...why do some things work so well with apple products and others seem to be completely overlooked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.