Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juice831

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
Hey all, I hope some of you can help me in answering two questions because I am trying to build my understanding on these topics. Anything helps, thanks in advance!

1. If I purchase a domain from godaddy.com and obtain hosting from them, would I be able to have push e-mail with my e-mail accounts? If not, are there hosting providers that do offer it?

2. Also, how is microsoft exchange usually set up in a business environment?

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
I know that GoDaddy has some Hosted Exchange solutions available, and Exchange has push email. I don't know whether other options have push email.

I don't understand your Exchange question. What kind of set-up are you talking about? Are you talking about it in terms of what kind of server it runs on, how many users are usually connected to it, how much disk space should be available to it, what kinds of settings the Exchange server should use, or something else? What are you trying to accomplish with Exchange?

Regards,
Nadyne.

juice831

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
I don't understand your Exchange question. What kind of set-up are you talking about? Are you talking about it in terms of what kind of server it runs on, how many users are usually connected to it, how much disk space should be available to it, what kinds of settings the Exchange server should use, or something else? What are you trying to accomplish with Exchange?

Regards,
Nadyne.

I was just wondering how if it was possible to run exchange locally but have e-mail hosted somewhere else and still have it push

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
I was just wondering how if it was possible to run exchange locally but have e-mail hosted somewhere else and still have it push

No, Exchange hosts the email boxes; that is its purpose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.