Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KJChevy3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I tried connecting an old tombstone to my 4G Nano and get the following "Charging not supported with this accessory" Any idea whats going on?

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
The new iPods do not work with accessories that charge by Firewire. There is no solution. Sorry.

KJChevy3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for the feedback. I have one that works at home, along with the sync cable for the iMac. This was one a guy at work has for his older iPod. Guess I won't be borrowing it...

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
My 4G nano doesn't charge with my iTrip. Really annoying because then I can't use it in my car.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
My 4G nano doesn't charge with my iTrip. Really annoying because then I can't use it in my car.

You need to get a charger that works through the +5 V USB power line such as the Griffin AutoPilot (I have one and it works great not only charging my 3G iPod nano in the car, but I can use the true line-level audio output from the device to connect to the 3.5 mm jack auxiliary input found on many new cars. :) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.