PDA

View Full Version : New Roy Rogers

mgargan1
Jan 25, 2004, 11:39 PM
In the Gaithersburg/Germantown area of Maryland, there are a group of guys that are building new roy's!! I haven't had roy rogers since McD's bought them a few years ago. They have the best roast beef, and best french fries.

bousozoku
Jan 26, 2004, 12:46 AM
Mariott really sunk them, didn't they? I don't remember the company being so bad off until Willmar (Mariott) got involved.

I liked their menu, though, even the fried chicken.

teabgs
Jan 26, 2004, 06:13 AM
oh sweet. Where exactly is this going to be? I grew up in gaithersburg, so give me roads :D

I'll be sure to visit when I go home next...whenever that might be.

I used to love roy's so much...best fried chicken ever.

mgargan1
Jan 26, 2004, 02:16 PM
right now there's one on 118 (germantown rd.) right next to the library. That one is already built. And the other one is being built right next to lakeforest mall.

tpjunkie
Jan 26, 2004, 03:23 PM
Roy Rogers didn't go away. They can still be found in reststops all along the New York State Throughway. There's one in at the reststop north of poughkeepsie, and i think another near Coxsackie, and I think also another way up near plattsburgh.

teabgs
Jan 26, 2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by mgargan1
right now there's one on 118 (germantown rd.) right next to the library. That one is already built. And the other one is being built right next to lakeforest mall.

there used to be one next to Lakeforest mall....where next to it? in the Plaza with Marshalls and Safeway in it?

gwuMACaddict
Jan 26, 2004, 06:05 PM
mmmm...

the one in bel air used to have like 50 cent burgers back in the day... with that fixins bar... mmmmmmmmm

MrMacMan
Jan 26, 2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by tpjunkie
Roy Rogers didn't go away. They can still be found in reststops all along the New York State Throughway. There's one in at the reststop north of poughkeepsie, and i think another near Coxsackie, and I think also another way up near plattsburgh.

Indeed I never knew they 'went away'... but there were a LOT more of them before...

NY is da bomb!

;)

teabgs
Jan 26, 2004, 09:39 PM
that is true....there are quite a few in NY.

the one plus to Penn Station whenever I ride amtrak is that I go right on over to Roy's :D

joker2
Jan 26, 2004, 10:11 PM
There are two about an hour away-ish (depending on the severity of your lead foot) in Leesburg, VA that have been there for years. They never did completely away with them, but they're definitely scarcer than they were before.

tpjunkie
Jan 26, 2004, 11:50 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that one in penn station....of course, when im coming through penn, unless im in a huge hurry, i usually leave the station for food ;)

teabgs
Jan 27, 2004, 10:57 AM
oh yeah, i forgot about that one in penn station....of course, when im coming through penn, unless im in a huge hurry, i usually leave the station for food ;)

well I live here, so I can eat before I even goto Penn station. I just choose not to so I can goto Roy's ;)

I don't like to eat at most places out there because it's more expensive, being a tourist area. Except there's this one awesome deli on 8th and 37th(I think) that's REALLY good and pretty cheap.

tpjunkie
Jan 27, 2004, 11:04 AM
its manhattan, there are a lot of really good, small, cheap delis around...

teabgs
Jan 27, 2004, 11:22 AM
its manhattan, there are a lot of really good, small, cheap delis around...

yeah but this one is special. it's almost more of a walk in restaurant...but really cheap. I love it.

I used to go there all the time when I had an internship on 39th and 8th last year.

they have THE BEST chicken quesadillas EVER. and they only make stuff after you order it.