PDA

View Full Version : The ideal iPod Touch

gan6660
Oct 4, 2008, 09:39 AM
Imagine a touch without a dock connector or headphone jack. Apple should make it with a sort of magsafe adaptor to charge and sync the iPod and bluetooth for headphones inlcuded of course. Leave comments with any other ideas.:apple:

Rtb1
Oct 4, 2008, 02:44 PM
thats actually an awesome idea.

a lot of people like to use the ipod in their car and with their home stereo, maybe a device that would hook up to stereos with a bluetooth receiver?

Then you have to charge headphones, ipod, and stereo receiver. Maybe its worth it?

Lunchbox700
Oct 4, 2008, 03:24 PM
The only thing I don't like about this idea is that I don't like Apple's headphones and this would limit how many different ones you could use.

gan6660
Oct 4, 2008, 06:00 PM
The only thing I don't like about this idea is that I don't like Apple's headphones and this would limit how many different ones you could use.

many companys make bluetooth headphones.

br0adband
Oct 4, 2008, 07:44 PM
many companys make bluetooth headphones.

Why should the end-user be forced into buying expensive (and yes, Bluetooth headphones are damned expensive but will come down in price in time, like 2 years from now) wireless headphones when a 3.5mm audio jack is and has been the standard output device for decades?

Lunchbox700
Oct 4, 2008, 08:27 PM
See i am torn because the been doing it forever argument usually makes me reject right away but again I don't want bluetooth headphones so I guess it doesn't matter because I already have an ipod touch

ll PiStoNs ll
Oct 5, 2008, 04:25 PM
A camera built in- no need to buy memory cards etc. you have an 8gb camera/video recorder already. Most cameras cost close to 229 so they would totally own the camera market, same for gps, etc.

Muncher
Oct 5, 2008, 04:39 PM
Why should the end-user be forced into buying expensive (and yes, Bluetooth headphones are damned expensive but will come down in price in time, like 2 years from now) wireless headphones when a 3.5mm audio jack is and has been the standard output device for decades?

I agree. Well, instead of apple offering crappy bluetooth speakers, they could have a bluetooth dongle thingy with a 3.5mm input. Then they could continue to give us $.01 earphones!

YodaEXE
Oct 5, 2008, 08:18 PM
A camera built in- no need to buy memory cards etc. you have an 8gb camera/video recorder already. Most cameras cost close to 229 so they would totally own the camera market, same for gps, etc.

That's not true. I recently bought an 8 megapixel Nikon camera that takes amazing pictures and good video for only $130, and I got a 4gb SDHC memory card for an additional $10 off Newegg.com. There are MANY good cameras for under $150. The camera that would be put into the Touch wouldn't even come close to the quality of these either.

puffnstuff
Oct 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
keyboard/gamepad

gan6660
Apr 4, 2009, 12:37 PM
Thought i'd revive the thread.

4DThinker
Apr 4, 2009, 04:28 PM
I love the idea of getting rid of cables. Add magnetic induction for charging. You could get a touchstone charger (http://gizmodo.com/5126600/palm-pres-amazing-wireless-touchstone-charger) for home and in your car. The Palm Pre shouldn't stand alone with that ablity.

Then there's syncing. The Zune already updates itself using WiFi. Surely Apple's not too proud to lease/steal that technology from them. With Bluetooth being enabled, any accessory hardware can use that path to interface with the iPhone/Touch. It's clear the technology exists to do exactly what the O.P. suggested. If Apple doesn't do it, somebody will.

Meatball
Apr 4, 2009, 04:46 PM
An iPod Touch with a hard drive, I want an iPod Touch but with the space of an iPod Classic. I'm already at 65Gb and my 60Gb 5g has run out of space.

DHarrisDBS34
Apr 5, 2009, 12:29 AM
An iPod Touch with a hard drive, I want an iPod Touch but with the space of an iPod Classic. I'm already at 65Gb and my 60Gb 5g has run out of space.

My guess is you'll see a 64GB in September.

SkyBell
Apr 5, 2009, 12:34 AM
My list for the perfect iPod touch

#1 Wireless that doesn't dropout every 2 minutes. :mad:
#2 Wi-Fi syncing; really handy and convenient.
#3 128 GB storage; maybe I'd actually buy movies.

But my number one ultimate feature

#4 Built in solar charger. Just set the thing under some light and let it charge. :cool:

As for how realistic this list is:

#1 That's a problem I have personally ever since the 2.0.1 update. Maybe someday. :rolleyes:
#2 I could see this happening.
#3 Also possible some day.
#4 Well, I can dream, can't I?

kevzy
Apr 5, 2009, 04:42 AM
read this: http://www.economist.com/science/tq/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13174387

Meatball
Apr 5, 2009, 12:47 PM

#4 Built in solar charger. Just set the thing under some light and let it charge. :cool:

#1 That's a problem I have personally ever since the 2.0.1 update. Maybe someday. :rolleyes:

I'd buy one as soon as it was released especially if it was 128Gb :D

techfreak85
Apr 5, 2009, 12:48 PM
why not wireless power, like we were all wanting for the MBA before it came out .:p

Muncher
Apr 5, 2009, 08:47 PM
why not wireless power, like we were all wanting for the MBA before it came out .:p

It's not too far away... maybe the 3G Touch? :p

techfreak85
Apr 5, 2009, 08:54 PM
It's not too far away... maybe the 3G Touch? :p

isn't intel that is getting in to that if im not mistaken?

cmichaelb
Apr 5, 2009, 10:07 PM

So it's not just me? I've had this issue since the 1G...

saberahul
Apr 5, 2009, 11:06 PM
Someone should send this thread out to the iPod team at Apple and hopefully they will listen to us :D

As for me:

I'd like a lot more space... I earlier wrote in another thread that I do not need but in the past 1 week I have already outgrown the 16GB space.

The list:

1. More Space (128 GB?)
2. Battery Life (Atleast Double)
3. Faster Processor
4. Built in GPS
5. Camera