PDA

View Full Version : "I'll name her Abcde"

idkew
Jan 26, 2004, 03:28 PM
I just had to let you all know this.

So, when speaking with a Pediatrician friend of mine, he tells me a story about a newborn name Abcde (abs-sa-de). I hope you are sitting down.

Mr. and Mrs. X are discussing with their friends why they named their new girl Abcde. The word "boink", is the work they used.

Well, we named her this for when she starts boinking guys in High School.

This way, when guys are sitting around talking about who boinked Lisa, you have to say, "which Lisa".

Since no one else will be named Abcde, they will know who they boinked.

So, these "parents" wanted to leave their child in the hospital. They had tickets to a Maury Povich show about men who cheated on their pregnant wives. In the ended they did not go, but they were planning on it.

Pretty sad huh? I guess a few of their friends recently gave birth to babies who obviously were affected by drugs.

Gotta love White Trash.

themadchemist
Jan 26, 2004, 03:48 PM
that's really very, very sad.

latergator116
Jan 26, 2004, 04:00 PM
Gotta love White Trash.

Indeed. This is almsot as bad as the parents who named their children "ESPN" and "Timberland".

boskie
Jan 26, 2004, 04:00 PM
I already know someone called "Abcde", aswell as "xyz", they just happen to be fictional at the beginning and end of my mobiles address book - so i don't waste money on random calls when i forget to put my keylock on and sit on it. If i ever did meet this girl i could use the following as a chat-up line:

Hello, would you like to sit on my face? As I've already sat on yours!:D

Edit: Atrocious spelling and grammer!

virividox
Jan 26, 2004, 04:03 PM
these people need help

Mr. Anderson
Jan 26, 2004, 04:11 PM
People like this shouldn't be reproducing - they don't understand the responsibility of raising a child.

I wonder if they'll ever share that naming story with their child :rolleyes:

Scary, scary, scary...

D

latergator116
Jan 26, 2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
People like this shouldn't be reproducing - they don't understand the responsibility of raising a child...

Chances are the parents are in high school themselves.:rolleyes:

jrv3034
Jan 26, 2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by latergator116

We all have to take a test to legally drive...

Why can't we be required to take a test to legally reproduce?

I can't imagine how that would be enforced, but jeez, this is just pathetic.:rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Jan 26, 2004, 04:28 PM

scary as that seems to me, I'm thinking I'm going to have to agree on this one :rolleyes:

Drivers Ed ---> Parents Ed?

Not a bad idea! :D

D

ExoticFish
Jan 26, 2004, 04:28 PM
so they're already panning on their child being a slut... nice, real nice. i wonder wonder what the parents names are. i'm guessing "Mr and Mrs Ass-Munch"

SiliconAddict
Jan 26, 2004, 04:52 PM
Indeed. This is almsot as bad as the parents who named their children "ESPN" and "Timberland".

Ya. You have to hand it to those parents that get paid for naming their child after a company logo or something. People like that need to be CLIPPED from the gene pool, literally.
People need to get it through their thick heads: children arenít their play things. They arenít their status symbols. Frankly Iíve lost respect for most humans because of this. I know more then a few couples that had a litter simply because having a family is good for the job and is seen as a trendy thing in some circles. For these people might I suggest:

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement (http://www.vhemt.org/)

rainman::|:|
Jan 26, 2004, 05:23 PM
i appreciate and admire parents that name their children unique names that the kid doesn't share with anyone else. sure the kids get teased, but there are a thousand other reasons to get teased.

this is just stupid, tho.

paul

Sun Baked
Jan 26, 2004, 05:44 PM
I'm surprised they knew that much of the alphabet.

If they live in a small town hopefully people start calling these people Mr. & Mrs. Boink :rolleyes:

idkew
Jan 26, 2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I'm surprised they knew that much of the alphabet.

If they live in a small town hopefully people start calling these people Mr. & Mrs. Boink :rolleyes:

200,000+ people.

stoid
Jan 26, 2004, 07:34 PM
Harvey Danger said,
"I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breading; the creatons cloning and feeding."

I think that about sums it up.

wdlove
Jan 26, 2004, 08:34 PM
It is a very sad situation when the parents of infant are already talking about the child sleeping around. Hopefully the child will have a decent nickname, that will be used instead.

Social services definitely are needed to follow this family. Them leaving her at the hospital to visit a show, should be taken as a call for help. :(

Mr. Anderson
Jan 26, 2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Social services definitely are needed to follow this family. Them leaving her at the hospital to visit a show, should be taken as a call for help. :(

I have to agree with you here wdlove - the lack of priorities is just staggering in its stupidity. :eek:

I really don't know who to feel more sorry for, the parents or the child .....

so when they have another child, the going to name it zyx?

D

idkew
Jan 26, 2004, 10:17 PM
I think this is a good case for a "slip" by the doctor. Oops, no more uterus.

ExoticFish
Jan 27, 2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
so when they have another child, the going to name it zyx?

of course not, it'll be fghij. then klmno after that.

:D

MarksEvilTwin
Jan 27, 2004, 10:26 AM
Removed

kevin49093
Jan 27, 2004, 01:21 PM
In a school district I used to work in there was a kid named Cornylouse.
Try saying that one!

It should be said Cornelius.

AhmedFaisal
Jan 27, 2004, 01:51 PM
That's at least what I would do. Someone said they would get teased. Nah, they will get the crap beaten out of them, that is more like it. Little kids are mean, and if they find an easy target like that, oh fun. Personally giving kids names like that, or brand names or whatever ****ed up **** parents with too few braincells come up with is child abuse and should be treated like that!
Cheers,

Ahmed

TEG
Jan 27, 2004, 04:26 PM
Its like the kids named James Jamed (ala Jimmy James), Johnathan Johnson, Harrold Johnson, or (someone I knew) Richard Haire.

I've thought about kids being named after Star Trek characters, especially those that are real names, like Jadzia, Deanna, Beverly, etc.

My Aunt and Uncle did something neat though, they name their 3 daughters so that they would all have the same initials, KJG.

TEG

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 27, 2004, 04:50 PM
I wonder if this selective breeding dumbing down the human race? I live in South Carolina and use to admit newbornes in a local hospital. we use to have people name kids that you know were made up names sort of like lets take this syllable and add this syllable and like yeah i like the sound of that why dont we call our child this stupid made up name.:rolleyes: poor kids then have to live with this stuff.

yamabushi
Jan 27, 2004, 05:07 PM
If they don't want the child they should have given her away.

Awimoway
Jan 27, 2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i appreciate and admire parents that name their children unique names that the kid doesn't share with anyone else. sure the kids get teased, but there are a thousand other reasons to get teased.

I utterly, utterly disagree (but I do so respectfully ;)).

A kid's name is NO place to experiment with unusual names. I don't think it's nice to turn your child's identity into an oppurtunity to do creative experimentation. If the kid wants a weird name, let them pick a nickname when they grow up.

ExoticFish
Jan 28, 2004, 09:04 AM
i think there is a difference with giving a child a unique name. a truely unique name can be cool. but there's a difference between a unique name and a name that's going to get you a beating every day in school. a unique name that not too many people have is different that people just throwing letters and symbols (and i'm sure people have tried numbers somewhere) together to be "unique".

Mudbug
Jan 28, 2004, 09:13 AM
I went to high school with a Clay Ball. Didn't really occur to me until after a while... while it's a unique name, we didn't call him "clay ball", we called him "clay" so the name was fine.

Wasn't there a case back a few years where someone wanted to name thier kid "7" or something like that?

and just to add another - I have a friend who's a pediatrician, and she said the funniest name she's come across is "iamaman" - _I_am_a_man_ Sounds funny to me too :) Poor kid :(

whyrichard
Jan 28, 2004, 11:48 AM
could be worse.

they could have ended the name with a "Z"