Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Any users out here have this, I think it's fairly new though the Sidewinder comes with a clear version. Morphious on youtube really liked the clear one, said it wasn't tacky and very form fitting but he hated the water marks. The black will take care of that. :)

Here are some pics:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Well it is similar, though the Iskin is a more expensive (their shipping is insane), it would have been close to 15.00 more for the Iskin. I have also read that the Iskin is a little tacky. Not sure if that is true or not. Not to mention Marware makes some nice stuff so I think this should be great case.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Well it is similar, though the Iskin is a more expensive (their shipping is insane), it would have been close to 15.00 more for the Iskin. I have also read that the Iskin is a little tacky. Not sure if that is true or not. Not to mention Marware makes some nice stuff so I think this should be great case.

They have a reason for expensive shipping...they're in Canada.

Look elsewhere for iSkin stuff...shipping is often cheaper and they are on sale.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
nm

:)

Here is a quick video of my impressions in response to Itsmemorphious (he asked me to do one actually, so what the hell) review on the Sidewinder, which uses the same case in clear.

Yeah, I had some spare time tonight.

;)

I really jumped the gun on this case with a piss poor install, after getting it on right I love it. It has a great feel in the hand, fits really nicely and adds very minimal bulk. I'd say it's slightly smaller than my slider.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit2?ns=1&video_id=CPK3h37pzL8

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
It doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't protect the chrome.... something i'm sure I'd want in a case. I'll stick with the incase slider.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Yeah that is understandable. Though I still think this is enough protection and really keeps the look of the iphone intact. Like I said most cases trap dirt under that lip though and eventually end up scratching the chrome anyway, though it would help in a major drop to have a full lip over the chrome.

I still plan on using my slider, neo and rebel, but I do like the feel of this case better as it just feels smaller than all of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.