Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
hi i was wondering if a macbook would be ok to be taken around alot in a 15.4" laptop backpack cos on the tags of the 15.4 backpack it says that it fits up to 15.4" so does that mean that a macbook should be okay in one?? or should i look for one specifacly made to fit a 13.3" laptop?

any peeps in the uk if you know where to buy a sleeve, case, bag or anything for the macbook under £20 on the high street please let me know. thanks

i know i can get onr cheap on ebay but i dont have time for to wait for the posting as im flying out of the uk on wensday and need it by then.

plz help and thanks

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
It'll be fine but it won't be held as securely as a pack designed solely for 13.3" computers. You can always pad it out with foam blocks or buy a case that'll beef up the size of the MacBook.

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
i think im gonna get a jansport bag and a slip case thanks for yur help

Adamo

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
You said it says UP TO on the packaging?

What more do you need to know? :confused:

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
You said it says UP TO on the packaging?

What more do you need to know? :confused:

Well, the proportions could be an issue. The iBooks are a very different length/width than the MacBooks. Make sure it's for a widescreen.

JMN357

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
New Jersey
I have the same problem and the only thing that's really held it off is simply placing my padded case under it when I'm using it in lecture halls and in libraries where I'm moving the computer frequently. I think it has to do with how much wear you put on it because like some other people who posted I got this on my Macbook pretty soon after I bought it (maybe a month or two).
:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.