PDA

View Full Version : 500!!!

Macmaniac
May 30, 2002, 10:58 AM
I know I shouldn't do this but I have to. This my 500th post!!! I have finally reached the pinacle of Macrumors! With me as a new 500 club member that makes us exactly 30 people with 500 posts or more!
Check out my tar, its new!

edesignuk
May 30, 2002, 11:01 AM
Congrats macaniac! I myself can't wait to get there but I'm along way off yet :(

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 11:01 AM
I think its more impressive that there are 30 members out there who have that many posts. Again, its a sign that MacRumors is a great place and a great community:D Thanks again arn!

Macmaniac
May 30, 2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by verbose101
Congrats macaniac! I myself can't wait to get there but I'm along way off yet :(

I got here in about 2 months that isn't to long(after a LONG abesnce) With all the hype of MWNY I think we will see lots of new people with 500!

britboy
May 30, 2002, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the 'tar group!

Is it just me, or do the G4's seem a little squashed?

edesignuk
May 30, 2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by britboy

It's not just u, that's exactly what I thought when I saw them, but I didn't want to say anything and destroy macmaniacs hour of glory ;)

Rower_CPU
May 30, 2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
I know I shouldn't do this but I have to. This my 500th post!!! I have finally reached the pinacle of Macrumors! With me as a new 500 club member that makes us exactly 30 people with 500 posts or more!
Check out my tar, its new!

Actually the pinnacle of MacRumors is becoming a demi-God by contributing to the site...(hint, hint):D

Grokgod
May 30, 2002, 11:22 AM
500 is a sweet spot for sure~

Your uhhh avt is uhh what are you saying with it.
Sorry if I am dense, what is your avt... a couple of g4 chips or something hard to see. that second one is squashed , it that the meaning? Squash the g series chip?

Contributors get demi god, how does one do this?

I want 500 yet it seems so long from now.
almost has bad as waiting for my Ti.

Rower_CPU
May 30, 2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Grokgod

Check out the MacRumors store:
http://www.macrumors.com/store/

Buy a contributors mug and you're in! :)

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 11:30 AM

You can go here (ttp://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html) and buy a mug, or if you don't want to do that, just send arn some money. I opted for the mug, its actually quite nice, good quality and large size, for that bigger cup-o-joe.....

Rower_CPU
May 30, 2002, 11:34 AM
duke-
I wonder if we can get commission on sales resulting from our advertising...hmmm...:D

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
duke-
I wonder if we can get commission on sales resulting from our advertising...hmmm...:D

Well, I for one used more forceful methods. I helped badger beej into Demi-Godness and one or two others. Still haven't had any luck with jefhatfield though:( badgering, taunting, you name it, tried it all, and others did to. Maybe you should go give it a try, straw and camel you know....

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 11:39 AM
duke-

ha ha ha...if that's the case....I think a bunch of us will deserve a trophy when jefhatfield becomes a Demi-God...ha ha ha!! :D

anyway...congrats 500...now u can be recognized by you avatar when scrolling through posts...he he he ;)

britboy
May 30, 2002, 11:41 AM
Grokgod, being a demi-god doesn't entitle you to an avatar. You know that, right? It does howerever allow you to see what we're saying about everyone else behind the curtains of the private forums ;) :p

So, buy a mug, tell arn about it, and you're in!

sparkleytone
May 30, 2002, 11:43 AM
hmmm, looks like i hit 500 also. yay.

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 11:45 AM
Grokgod, being a demi-god doesn't entitle you to an avatar. You know that, right? It does howerever allow you to see what we're saying about everyone else behind the curtains of the private forums ;) :p

he he he...it's true...but u do gain a sense of....pride....maybe a bit of respect...knowing u part of a select group....

but the group needs to grow more...

so come on!! join us!!! :D :eek: :p

Grokgod
May 30, 2002, 11:55 AM
I get status and a look behind the curtains!
Thats a must do!
you have convinced me , let go of my arm already! :P
I will buy something later today. can it be anything or only the mug?
i followed that URl and got a bad link.
I think I can get there from the front index page here , right.
How does macrumors know I made the buy and make me a demi-god.

So I will be Grokgod the demi god. I like it!

britboy
May 30, 2002, 12:04 PM
Which link was bad? Here's both of them again:

http://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html
http://www.macrumors.com/store

All your questions should be answered by the first link.

Hurry up!!! :p

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 12:04 PM
So I will be Grokgod the demi god. I like it!

yeah...just some extra threads that don't always get to the public areas....

some other discussions going on...

it's fun...he he he...

but u need to buy the mug to get it...arn will know when u do...just email him the info from the sale & he'll set u up no problem ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

but u need to buy the mug to get it...arn will know when u do...just email him the info from the sale & he'll set u up no problem ;)

beej got it without getting the mug, he just gave cash.....you do have an option:D

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

beej got it without getting the mug, he just gave cash.....you do have an option:D

he he he....then I suppose u can just donate...

I wanted to contribute...got the mug...I don't use it...but it looks awfully nice... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 01:10 PM
I love the mug, I'm using it right now, actually. But I think arn should opt for allowing any item to be bought, regardless of what it is, which means prices would go up. But he could offer them as 2 different types, non-membership purchases and membership purchases....

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 01:26 PM
true...it should not matter so much what it is that one gets...

but the contributor's price of $30...that's where it makes a difference...

so as being a Demi-God....have u considered contributing again later down the line?

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 01:28 PM
Membership only last a year. I'll more than likely get v2 of the mug. I have really started to get involved in the site (duh!) so I'll continue to set a good example, its the least I can do..

What about you?

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 01:31 PM
Membership only last a year. I'll more than likely get v2 of the mug. I have really started to get involved in the site (duh!) so I'll continue to set a good example, its the least I can do..

What about you?

absolutely :D

Hemingray
May 30, 2002, 01:49 PM
Hmm... so if he can create a thread celebrating his 500th post I think I can reply to this post to get me just that much closer to 1,000. :D

Congrats, Macmaniac! May you have many more 500's in the future. ;)

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray
Hmm... so if he can create a thread celebrating his 500th post I think I can reply to this post to get me just that much closer to 1,000. :D

hey...u are welcomed to post about whatever u want...

just take caution when actually admitting to posting just get your count up...u will be criticized by those who look down upon it...

personally...it's all whatever to me... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2002, 02:00 PM
my opion in voiced here (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=5763)

I would fall under eye's catagory of looking down:mad:

Macmaniac
May 30, 2002, 02:15 PM

Britboy is correct, they are squashed, they were orginally taller but the constraints made me have to squash them.
I will start working an a animated tar!

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 02:24 PM

Britboy is correct, they are squashed, they were orginally taller but the constraints made me have to squash them.
I will start working an a animated tar!

get it done then enter it into the contest! :D

SilvorX
May 30, 2002, 10:53 PM
congratz on your 500th post macmaniac :D

Macmaniac
May 31, 2002, 06:34 AM

get it done then enter it into the contest! :D

I will try my best but I don't have a gif animator at home, I have to use the schools comps.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 08:54 AM

I will try my best but I don't have a gif animator at home, I have to use the schools comps.

then pull some resourcefulness...

I've always felt that those who are challenged more can come up with the best ideas... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 09:00 AM

www.macdownloads.com

search for gifbuilder - its free - have fun

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 09:23 AM

hey...u are welcomed to post about whatever u want...

just take caution when actually admitting to posting just get your count up...u will be criticized by those who look down upon it...

personally...it's all whatever to me... ;)

Yeah, thats why you have 3127 posts :p

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by teabgs

Yeah, thats why you have 3127 posts :p

hmm...maybe...but I think I've gotten to the point where my posts won't be scrutinized for relevance or meaningfulness... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 10:14 AM

hmm...maybe...but I think I've gotten to the point where my posts won't be scrutinized for relevance or meaningfulness... ;)

sort of like safety in numbers?

I'll still give you crap for a one liner, don't you worry about that!

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:15 AM

sort of like safety in numbers?

I'll still give you crap for a one liner, don't you worry about that!

ha ha ha...something like that...

no worries...I take the crap quite well...it lets me know that u like me ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 10:24 AM

no worries...I take the crap quite well...it lets me know that u like me ;)

You are a moderator, so you should be concerned in setting a good example, that's the biggest issue, I think.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:29 AM

You are a moderator, so you should be concerned in setting a good example, that's the biggest issue, I think.

that is very true....and I do uphold that responsibility...

I always make it a point to be diplomatic whenever I get involved with a flamewar....or just close the thread...

I did cause one newbie to start an apology thread after I closed down his flaming...he he he ;)

but u are in the same boat...and u always have something good to add to the thread...

but having a little bit of fun here & there is good for the soul :D

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 10:32 AM

but having a little bit of fun here & there is good for the soul :D

If I don't add to the thread, content wise, its always as a joke or ribbing of something some one said. Its easy to get a good shot at people, and I don't hesitate when its one of the regulars that I trade posts with.:D

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 10:57 AM
you two joke and rib people rather than always discussing macs and rumors (as the website clearly states in its name)?

how dare you

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
you two joke and rib people rather than always discussing macs and rumors (as the website clearly states in its name)?

how dare you

I know....we should be banished... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:22 PM

how dare you

et tu butus?

Please, my record speaks for itself, yep. Sure does.....

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 12:31 PM

et tu butus?

Please, my record speaks for itself, yep. Sure does.....

brute. (accent over e). come on

what record?

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:41 PM

brute. (accent over e). come on

what record?

I'm impressed you got the bruté thing there, classical education?

as for the record:

avaiable for all to see.... (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/search.php3?action=showresults&searchid=11188)

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 12:46 PM
I'm impressed you got the bruté thing there, classical education?

as for the record:

avaiable for all to see.... (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/search.php3?action=showresults&searchid=11188)

yeah, i studied latin in high school too... it means, "you too brutus?" ha.

yeah the record.... i'm just about to sit and sift through all your posts.... be back in a sec after i do that.

oh...

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:49 PM
Oh, I knew what it meant, even though I never took latin. Ceasar getting stabbed outside at the senate in rome by brutus (english version of his name, why I used it)

I changed the movie on my homepage, its got wedding pics now. I was having a hard time figuring out how to manage the iDisk with iPhoto and iTools, its not straight foreward, I guess to prevent you from having 15 iDisks....

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 12:54 PM
Oh, I knew what it meant, even though I never took latin. Ceasar getting stabbed outside at the senate in rome by brutus (english version of his name, why I used it)

I changed the movie on my homepage, its got wedding pics now. I was having a hard time figuring out how to manage the iDisk with iPhoto and iTools, its not straight foreward, I guess to prevent you from having 15 iDisks....

i know you knew. was poking fun.

elaborate on your problem please.... i have used iphoto and itools some. so i might be able to help (for once.) but probably not.

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:59 PM
I have 2 iDisks now, but when I try and post to iPhoto, it only lets me select the first one, dukestreet. So what do I change to allow for the second iDisk to be available? I checked in iPhoto prefs and nada....

Rower_CPU
May 31, 2002, 01:06 PM
Here's a completely off topic question:
How do you change your iDisk URL to a different DNS name?

For instance hompage.mac.com/dukestreet to dukestreet.com

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 01:12 PM
I have 2 iDisks now, but when I try and post to iPhoto, it only lets me select the first one, dukestreet. So what do I change to allow for the second iDisk to be available? I checked in iPhoto prefs and nada....

what if you change your internet prefs in system prefs?

did you try that?

ie, change your default itools account temporarily.

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:13 PM
Here's a completely off topic question:
How do you change your iDisk URL to a different DNS name?

For instance hompage.mac.com/dukestreet to dukestreet.com

Now that would be interesting. I'm not thinking to do that though, because I've got some bandwidth issues lately and with all the wedding pics and video (which I'll be putting up but not now and won't be advertised here, ha, that would good for flame war....) so I'd not want all my friends and familly hitting my stie and punding it into the ground, its happened before.

But I'm sure if you found the home page, index.html or what ever they use there and replace it with a page with a push on it it would work fine. You might need to put a note, 'if you aren't redirected to blah.com, click here)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:13 PM

what if you change your internet prefs in system prefs?

No, is there an easy way to say prefs so you don't have to keep swapping them manually?

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 01:19 PM
No, is there an easy way to say prefs so you don't have to keep swapping them manually?

i don't think so. but if you're not doing it terribly often....

did you try it or just don't want to have to do it manually?

try it. it should work that way....

i started using my parents comp with my itools... then set them up and used theirs. both of which i posted pics using iphoto with.

and i changed the internet prefs.

so that should do it.

and yeah, it's probably not easy so to discourage multiple accounts...

also. you could:

load your idisk. copy the pics into the pic folder (maybe within another folder). go to itools web page. create a homepage through that for pictures with a theme and select the folder..... it's about as easy as iphoto... and maybe less hassle than changing the whole prefs thing....

Rower_CPU
May 31, 2002, 01:40 PM
Or you could use Goliath and create bookmarks for the two iDisks...

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:43 PM
Or you could use Goliath and create bookmarks for the two iDisks...

Oh, I'm not worried about connecting to the iDisk from the desktop, its from iPhoto that's giving me the problem. I'll try that tonight jello, thanks.

Grokgod
Jun 1, 2002, 10:27 AM
Ok , excuse my dense grey matter.

So, If I get a t-shirt instead of a mug, I dont get my Demi-god staTUS?

Uhhh thats would suck.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 1, 2002, 10:47 AM
There are only two options that will get you Demi-God status: buy a mug or donate money directly. If you have any questions, pm arn

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2002, 12:09 AM
There are only two options that will get you Demi-God status: buy a mug or donate money directly. If you have any questions, pm arn

if u are going to donate the $30...at least get the mug...it's a decent sized mug and is actually pretty nice...

I don't use mine to be honest...but it looks nice on display...;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 2, 2002, 01:21 PM
I love the mug, it holds more than the normal cup, 16 oz., so I usually have a large cup of coffee it the morning and then use it for water in the afternoon.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 2, 2002, 01:22 PM

Oh, I'm not worried about connecting to the iDisk from the desktop, its from iPhoto that's giving me the problem. I'll try that tonight jello, thanks.

did work?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 2, 2002, 02:48 PM
I haven't played with it yet, I've been busy doing other things. I'll let you know as soon as I try. Thanks.

How did the job interview go? Did they have bbq tofu, or did you end up with coleslaw, corn bread and fries?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 2, 2002, 06:30 PM
the guy called early friday morning and had to cancel cause he had something going on.

so i'm gonna meet him tuesday. a bit earlier (11 am) for a quick lunch. that should give me more reason to have salad corn bread and fries......

we'll see. and yeah, let me know how the iphoto thing works... or i'll just test it myself.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 2, 2002, 06:35 PM
Well, that sucks, but hopefully all goes well on tuesday. Good luck!

Any other potential opportunities in the mean time?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 2, 2002, 06:55 PM
ahh... nothing else yet

basically, if this doesn't work, i'm gonna have to drop to data entry type crap, just to get something....

hmmm............. let's hope.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 2, 2002, 07:01 PM
So I tried the internet login id thing, works great. In the system prefs under internet the first tab is iDisk id, thanks Jello.

D

MacAztec
Jun 2, 2002, 07:07 PM
I want to be a Demi-God. I think I will buy a mug soon, because i am on the site quite often.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 2, 2002, 07:26 PM
Good, do it, make a difference and support the cause......

Now that you've stepped up though, you'll end up getting a serious flaming if you fail to do so by the end of the week:D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 2, 2002, 07:30 PM
So I tried the internet login id thing, works great. In the system prefs under internet the first tab is iDisk id, thanks Jello.

D

cool. for once i helped someone else.

first for everything.

MacAztec
Jun 3, 2002, 12:34 AM
Good, do it, make a difference and support the cause......

Now that you've stepped up though, you'll end up getting a serious flaming if you fail to do so by the end of the week:D

Can't do it by the end of the week. I am going to wait until school is out, next week. I am pissed because I have one more week, but yet I am happy....

britboy
Jun 3, 2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec

Can't do it by the end of the week. I am going to wait until school is out, next week. I am pissed because I have one more week, but yet I am happy....

We'll be awaiting your grand entrance to the private forums :D

What's happened to B2TM? I thought he was going demi-god last week? Not backing down i hope.... :p

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 09:19 AM
I think b2tm said it was going to be this week. We'll have to remind him....especially since he's managed to break the 1000 barrier.