PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com At Bat scam?

ec51
Oct 6, 2008, 03:21 PM
So was anyone else bothered by the fact that now all of a sudden we will have to purchase At Bat again next season?

This was not disclosed in the original description of At Bat - at least to my knowledge.

Ever since the Playoffs update, we now have been notified that we will have have to purchase the App again next season!

This to me sounds like false advertising since the original description never said that the app would only work for the 2008 season.

Eric

Ntombi
Oct 6, 2008, 03:23 PM
It absolutely was disclosed at the beginning. That was one of the first things I learned about that app.

Rojo
Oct 6, 2008, 03:29 PM
Well I have NO interest in this app, and had barely read about it or looked into it because I have zero interest in baseball -- and even *I* knew it was a "per season" app, which would require you to keep purchasing it every season...

Jeremy1026
Oct 6, 2008, 03:29 PM
Even if it weren't fully disclosed that you'd have to re-purchase it for the 2009 season, it never said it'd be free for life. Seems like you assumed it would be, and assumed incorrectly at that.

FearlessFreep
Oct 6, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm OK to purchase it every season. There has been a decent amount of enhancement since the app first launched, and I fully expect that will continue in next year's version. Development costs money.

Sky Blue
Oct 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
I bought Madden last year for the PlayStation. I'm disgusted to find there's a new version out this year.

kleinias
Oct 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
As another thread poster to this thread mentioned, I also never had any interest in this application (although I like baseball), but knew they would charge for future use. Forgive me for saying this, but sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. Did you really think the official baseball application from MLB would give you free lifetime updates for $3?

I only mention this because you used words like "scam" and terms like "false advertising." I'm as pro-consumer as the next guy, but this all seems just a bit much.

kevin512
Oct 6, 2008, 03:54 PM
While I'm sure there will be improvements in the app, one should consider it a service/season pass that you can pay for each year.

slidetounlock
Oct 6, 2008, 04:35 PM
yes, the OP has a sandy vag, and he's a tool x2. Yeah I am pissed my MLB Game Day Audio ends this year too, i want my next year free! Puhleease

ucfgrad93
Oct 6, 2008, 05:16 PM
It absolutely was disclosed at the beginning. That was one of the first things I learned about that app.

Agreed. This was very well known when the app was introduced. It is not a scam.

hexonxonx
Oct 6, 2008, 05:33 PM
I was fully aware that it was only for this season when I purchased the app. You simply missed reading that little section when you bought the app.

No I am not upset that we have to buy it again next year, it's worth every penny.

markgamber
Oct 6, 2008, 05:47 PM
www.pickleview.com works and it's free. It doesn't have video and some of the nicities but you get what you pay for.

Galley
Oct 6, 2008, 06:18 PM
I will gladly pay another $5, and more, if necessary. :cool: