Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I've seen a few comparisons around the net saying how Apples HD pales next to Blu-ray, ect. But I haven't seen anyone really stick up for the ATV.

I just wanted so say I'm extremely happy with the quality of HD TV Shows from iTunes. They are much better quality then similar mkv files I've seen floating around the net that friends have downloaded.

It's great the way you get an SD file along with every purchase, and the way they display in iTunes as one file is very cool. I can't wait until I can purchase movies in HD from apple. Though I guess the studios will make sure that will be a while.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Indeed. I've been pleased with the quality of the HD shows I've downloaded as well. No, they aren't 1080p, but they are real HD, despite what some people think.

Now I think I'm gonna have to upgrade my DSL...

Regards,
Michael

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Tell me about it, lol. My own bandwidth is shaped and unfortunately is the only option in my area so before midnight it's only around 80k. After that it jumps to around 750k. So I tend to just add things to the download list and let iTunes do its thing overnight.

New HD Heroes today :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.