Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fontano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Quick question;

Toying around with the stock apps on the iPhone, looking specifically at the Yahoo! ones (Finance and Weather).

Two things are interesting to me:

1) The "i" button press, which takes you basically to a settings page... the full view rotate/pivot animation, is that a custom animation or something that we can call on an SDK "stock" view.

2) When on the info page, when you push the red minus button, it rotates 90 degrees... I am pretty sure that is a custom animation, but just want to make sure

I have been so buried in just using the standard SDK stuff, I have not started to even look or toy with custom animations like that, and just wanted to check before I go and write a ton of code for something that maybe was in there and I am missing.

Thanks

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
The flipping of the screen is half custom half built in (the flip transitions are there...you just need to figure out how to put them together).

And the red minus and stuff has always been a part of any table view edit (check out World Clock, Stocks, Weather, YouTube, Calendar, etc.). This one is standard SDK stuff (simply setting the table view to edit will come up with the red minus and all the animations and stuff for it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.