View Full Version : MacBook-chromatic

iCantwait
Oct 7, 2008, 04:27 AM
Aluminum colours like the nanos?

*YES, I did spell coloUrs right:mad:

*:p

mattbannister
Oct 7, 2008, 04:28 AM
i'm sure they could do it well but i don't like the sound of it...

Chappers
Oct 7, 2008, 05:46 AM
God I hope not. iPods is one thing - but Mac - a few colours, maybe - but the rainbow of colours - NO.

GuntherS
Oct 7, 2008, 05:50 AM
No, that would give it a very unprofessional look.
Maybe only a Product RED version.

iCantwait
Oct 7, 2008, 05:50 AM
...Bondi Blue:rolleyes:

mickbab
Oct 7, 2008, 05:57 AM
ouch...a bright green macbook...

seeing as i am incompetent with photoshop, can anyone do up a macbook set in the new nano colours?

:eek: imagine a black macbook!!!

EDIT: if that is easy of course

Skeletal-dæmon
Oct 7, 2008, 06:23 AM
Aluminum colours like the nanos?

*YES, I did spell coloUrs right:mad:

*:p

Yeah you spelt colours right... but you spelt aluminium wrong! :D

And for the record if Apple brings out multi-coloured MacBooks I will personally open up a galvanising workshop to make them black and white again!

chrono1081
Oct 7, 2008, 07:06 AM
Omg that would be amazing.

I would have a green one in a heartbeat.

eGraeme
Oct 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
i demand dalmation al mb! :D
hehehehehehehehe

MatLane
Oct 7, 2008, 08:45 AM
Might look good but i think it will ruin apples macbooks originaless

if that makes sense. It will turn in to VAIO paradise

alphaod
Oct 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
It would be cool, but highly impractical from a business perspective.

Besides I would only buy the black one, which they already have and may offer.

Insulin Junkie
Oct 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
I'd go for an acid apple green =)
But yes, can't see it happening either, for more than one reason.

reebzor
Oct 7, 2008, 12:28 PM
dude, just buy a dell.

we all know you want to.

bartelby
Oct 7, 2008, 12:32 PM
It would be cool, but highly impractical from a business perspective.

Besides I would only buy the black one, which they already have and may offer.

if they offered a White and black amongst the choice of colours then that'd solve that problem.

Insulin Junkie
Oct 7, 2008, 12:33 PM
we all know you want to.

Do we? :confused:

reebzor
Oct 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
yes.

Insulin Junkie
Oct 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
yes.

I know they come in different colors, I'm just doubting that color alone will convince someone who wants a macbook to go for a dell. If the OP ends up getting one of those though, I'll make it up to you and buy you one. I'll get you the pink.

tobefirst
Oct 7, 2008, 12:45 PM
Choice is good. I voted "Yes."

bartelby
Oct 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
I know they come in different colors, I'm just doubting that color alone will convince someone who wants a macbook to go for a dell.

Last year I was at a pub for christmas day. At the table next to me were a family with 3 kids (aged 9 - 15) each one pulled a coloured Vaio ( I think) out of their bag. Someone said how lucky the kids were, to which the dad (I presume) said:
"I really wanted to get them Apple laptops but they wanted a coloured computer each"

Insulin Junkie
Oct 7, 2008, 12:57 PM
Last year I was at a pub for christmas day. At the table next to me were a family with 3 kids (aged 9 - 15) each one pulled a coloured Vaio ( I think) out of their bag. Someone said how lucky the kids were, to which the dad (I presume) said:
"I really wanted to get them Apple laptops but they wanted a coloured computer each"

Awesome anecdote. =D Still, the kids didn't want an Apple to start off with =O On the topic of colored Vaios, I'm still cursing the fact they don't have colored AR series notebooks.

soberbrain
Oct 7, 2008, 12:58 PM
Personally, colored aluminum gets annoying as the device gets bigger. Color makes small devices pop, but looks like a garish explosion on laptops.

aleksandra.
Oct 7, 2008, 01:00 PM

If only he had heard about colorware... :cool:

Anyway, I don't think it's coming. Come on, people don't buy laptops just as impulsively as iPods (meaning there're many people who'd get a red/green/whatever Nano, but not a notebook), and storage/transportation cost for laptops is bigger than for iPods (since they're heavier and bigger). So, I don't think so. Although I'd like it if they came in different colours. Or at least offered all laptops in black anodized aluminium version.

nick9191
Oct 7, 2008, 01:16 PM
Macbook, Blackbook, Macbook Pro.

Solved :D

tMac85
Oct 7, 2008, 01:24 PM
i called this a long time ago. i wouldnt be surprised if they do this! not sure which color i would pick. it would be hard. i dont really like when people stare and i figure if i had a bright colored macbook people would.

hmmm the orange? oh but the yellow would be nice... or a chocolate brown! black...no silver. no yellow....ahhhh

actorkid
Oct 7, 2008, 02:01 PM
they probably wouldn't market it as "macbook-chromatic" Doesn't flow

It would probably be something like

"Mac-chromatic" or something

I do like the idea of different colored macbooks though

Vulcan
Oct 7, 2008, 02:26 PM
I hope to god not. White and black is fine, we don't need to make them MacPods.

reebzor
Oct 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
I know they come in different colors, I'm just doubting that color alone will convince someone who wants a macbook to go for a dell. If the OP ends up getting one of those though, I'll make it up to you and buy you one. I'll get you the pink.

aww you're such a sweetheart

iCantwait
Oct 7, 2008, 04:26 PM
ps, i voted nay

ebutka
Oct 7, 2008, 04:34 PM
ouch...a bright green macbook...

seeing as i am incompetent with photoshop, can anyone do up a macbook set in the new nano colours?

:eek: imagine a black macbook!!!

EDIT: if that is easy of course

I would LOVE a bright green macbook.

MacsBestFriend
Oct 7, 2008, 04:36 PM
I would love a Dell Inspiron style green MacBook! This reminds me of how on Nickelodeon they use the Pink and Green stickers over the iBook G4's they have in their TV shows!:D

NT1440
Oct 7, 2008, 04:37 PM
The only colored macbook id ever buy besides aluminum or black would have to be a very dark purple:D

MacsBestFriend
Oct 7, 2008, 04:38 PM
You can already buy translucent vinyl stickers that are different colors to change the color of the glowing :apple:. Im gonna get a green one for my Aluminum MacBook!:D

Dybbuk
Oct 7, 2008, 05:19 PM
I voted Yay. Even if you don't want the colors, choice is always good. I'd like a red MacBook.

angemon89
Oct 7, 2008, 05:25 PM
NAY. I say they make a black one though, that would be sweet (black aluminum) or even like a gun metal color. I would totally get that.

Airforcekid
Oct 7, 2008, 05:37 PM
:apple::apple::apple::apple:If they had a color chooser like the website that will paint your iPhone. You could have a red keyboard and green aluminum.:cool::apple::apple::apple::apple:

TC03
Oct 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
Err. No.

iCantwait
Oct 8, 2008, 12:12 AM
red would be kinda cool, I would consider a blue or black, i wouldn't get mbp colour. But yeah, try before I buy

mattbannister
Oct 8, 2008, 06:40 AM
:apple::apple::apple::apple:If they had a color chooser like the website that will paint your iPhone. You could have a red keyboard and green aluminum.:cool::apple::apple::apple::apple:

christmas colours? please tell me this is a horrible joke.

Drumjim85
Oct 8, 2008, 07:29 AM
You can already buy translucent vinyl stickers that are different colors to change the color of the glowing :apple:. Im gonna get a green one for my Aluminum MacBook!:D

and instantly void your warranty... Good luck.

tMac85
Oct 8, 2008, 07:49 AM
christmas colours? please tell me this is a horrible joke.

yes please say its a joke. santa would even hate that.

iCantwait
Oct 9, 2008, 03:48 AM
anyone want to photoshop some in iPod colours? in:mad::rolleyes::D:o:(:apple::) colours?