PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano 4G 8GB - buying off someone?

Jaz
Oct 7, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hello everyone, haven't been on here for a while!

I'm in the UK, and my friend bought a MacBook and he therefore bought a silver 8gb nano for 14 under the rebate system.

Btw I also have a 21 off an 83 spend code.

The nano is for sale, not in the white surrounding thing but still sealed in clear box. I am not sure where the buyer stands with warranty - without invoice?

Firstly is it worth buying the silver 8gb? :p and how much should I be looking at paying, I am getting him some apps and setting up stuff on the mac too.

So how much should I spend?! I also have that :apple: voucher code if that is better?

Thank you for your time! :D

Jaz
Oct 8, 2008, 10:36 AM
Nobody got any advice? :( C'mon people!

1) Is the Nano 4G worth buying (8gb) or should I not bother?

2) How much should I pay for buying it off a friend, still sealed but won't have invoices etc.

3) I have an :apple: 21 off 83 spend code - any use?

Any other advice - feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.:)

OldLadywithiPod
Oct 8, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Jaz, Old Lady here.

I might be the last one who should offer advice because I've bought my share of strange electronics ever since I was the only girl in our high school HAM radio club, but here's my take for what it's worth:

Answer to your (1) question: The only electronic gizmo worth buying is one you really want. If you don't have your heart set on owning a Nano 4G 8GB, then don't buy one.

Answer to your (2) question: It depends on the relationship with your friend. And on your ability to perform elecronic CPR on the Nano, if necessary, or dispose of it if it arrests on the table.

Answer to your (3) question: Use the balance toward buying a device that you really, really want to own and will use.

That's Old Lady's 2 cents. :)

Jaz
Oct 8, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hello Old Lady, thanks for your reply.

1) Yeah, it is probably just one of my phases, because it's there I want it. I'm not sure, I'm getting into music more lately but I have a feeling I will become bored and stop using it, therefore being a waste of money.

2) We may lose contact in 6 months, so I'm not completely secure on that front.

3) Cheers, not sure if there's anything I need really. Can I sell the code Apple :apple: sends you?!

Thanks a lot for your time. :)