Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colonial94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
I am getting a Bad Access exception error when clicking back on my nav bar which then reloads a TableView. It happens consistently when I am clicking back from a view I created in IB, but does not happen when I return in a similar fashion from another TableView which was created programatically.

Also, in reviewing the code execution essentially line by line, it appears all of my created code is executing correctly (the rows & cells are being reloaded correctly & the previous view is being deallocated), but it freezes up at an objc_msgSend during the final stages of loading the view.

I know this means I am trying to access something that was previously released, but can't figure it out - especially since the navigation works when coming back from one view & not another. I've tried running instruments (though I don't really know how to use that very well yet) and stepped through the code & can't figure out what is getting released.

Has anyone run into something similar with TableViews? Any suggestions on how else to track this down?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.